+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    Well. ..we have ongoing sleep issues with DD. It's part of her syndrome.
    But here's a few things that the sleep dr said and we do. (And when I say sleep dr. .. i actually mean a medical professional not a 'regular' person! )
    White noise
    Night light
    And wearing a tighter fitting onsie. The pressure and feel of the tight clothing is soothing. She doesn't wear pj's that are sets anymore. So tight leggings with a body suit or similar. That are even a size smaller.
    We find that works. I know your little one is still small but I wish i had realised that sooner.
    Also a little massage before bedtime helps wind down.
    This is great - thanks Tamtam!!

I also found this thing that we used with DS that you wedge them between to give them that snug feeling which I think has helped her with feeling secure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    This is great - thanks Tamtam!!

I also found this thing that we used with DS that you wedge them between to give them that snug feeling which I think has helped her with feeling secure.
    Oh that's a good idea too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know this post is a little old but my 4 month old boy is on lisec but i am still having trouble managing his reflux. I have tried thickner in his lactose free formula but it gave him the runs as i found out it has a type of lactose in it. I have also tried infants gaviscon but thst gave him the runs as well. Is there anything else i can try? TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by torn13 View Post
    I know this post is a little old but my 4 month old boy is on lisec but i am still having trouble managing his reflux. I have tried thickner in his lactose free formula but it gave him the runs as i found out it has a type of lactose in it. I have also tried infants gaviscon but thst gave him the runs as well. Is there anything else i can try? TIA
    Hi Torn

My DD (4months) has reflux but I've been able to manage it through medication (losec) and my diet (eliminating dairy & soy) since she was 4 weeks old.

Are you able to go back to your GP for further help/information? I notice you are using lactose free milk - was that a suggestion by the GP? Did it help at all?

I noticed a huge difference in DD once I stopped dairy and soy. There may be a further cause to your little ones reflux that needs investigating.

Best wishes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Your baby might be on the wrong dose of losec.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbleyhorse View Post
    Hi Torn

My DD (4months) has reflux but I've been able to manage it through medication (losec) and my diet (eliminating dairy & soy) since she was 4 weeks old.

Are you able to go back to your GP for further help/information? I notice you are using lactose free milk - was that a suggestion by the GP? Did it help at all?

I noticed a huge difference in DD once I stopped dairy and soy. There may be a further cause to your little ones reflux that needs investigating.

Best wishes!
    Hopefully off to the gp again monday but he was diagnosed with lactose intolerance at 6 weeks by pedeatrician as he had poo explosions that wre green and a few other things. Will see what the doc has to say. Thanks for the reply

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    Your baby might be on the wrong dose of losec.
    This is what ibthought but gp weighed him on monday and dose is still good 😯

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by torn13 View Post
    This is what ibthought but gp weighed him on monday and dose is still good 😯
    My daughter needed a high dose even for her weight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    My daughter needed a high dose even for her weight.
    Yeah - my GP mentioned that this can sometimes happen - that you may need to increase dose until you find that happy place!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to wobbleyhorse For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (17-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbleyhorse View Post
    Yeah - my GP mentioned that this can sometimes happen - that you may need to increase dose until you find that happy place!
    That's exactly what we did and then she was great.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

wobbleyhorse  (17-10-2015)