Tell me about REFLUX... | Page 2 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    Hi - I know you've had some threads about settling recently and your bub is about a week older than mine.

I just wanted to let you know that last night we used a white noise app all night and DD slept from 9.10 - 1.45am and then from 2.15 - 6.45am. She was then up for a feed and play and I put her down at about 8.30 - still asleep.

I don't want to get ahead of myself but it appears to work for her and thought you might be interested
    Great job i will give that a try. We are still stuck in a holding pattern. Did you run the app all night?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Speaking of white noise. ...my daughter still has hers in her room for sleep at 2 and half!
    I have one of those toys that play waves/rain etc for 45 minutes. If she wakes in the night i turn it back on it also helped to settle her in hospital too.
    I think it's amazing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by torn13 View Post
    Great job i will give that a try. We are still stuck in a holding pattern. Did you run the app all night?
    Yep we did. We are doing holding too. I think the app actually also helped us drown out every little noise she made which is what I find breaks my sleep a lot too. I used a "womb sounds" app. Let me know how you go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have this one.
    Attached Images

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

babyla  (13-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    Speaking of white noise. ...my daughter still has hers in her room for sleep at 2 and half!
    I have one of those toys that play waves/rain etc for 45 minutes. If she wakes in the night i turn it back on it also helped to settle her in hospital too.
    I think it's amazing.
    I can't believe I had forgotten using it with DS. Hoping that we're onto something

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok I will give anything a go thanks for the tip @babyla

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't believe I had forgotten using it with DS. Hoping that we're onto something
    Our sleep/respiratory Dr actually told us to run the noise all night. But I find its not necessary.
    Love that little giraffe!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    Our sleep/respiratory Dr actually told us to run the noise all night. But I find its not necessary.
    Love that little giraffe!
    That's great to hear! It was amazing for us all to get the sleep we did last night and for her to have slept to well this morning. I'm surprised that it's not something that comes up more often amongst my mum friends and on here too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Tell me about REFLUX...

My son had reflux and was cmpi (Cows milk protein intolerant).

Pretty much since he was born he screamed after eating for hours, was always full of wind, cried constantly and needed to be held upright, his actual vomiting waterfalls didn't start for a few weeks. It took us 5 different Drs to find one that listened to us and we trialled many different things for it, we ended up on omeprazole (losec) twice a day, mylanta for flare ups and a hydrolysed formula. If you suspect something isn't right keep going back to the dr until they listen to you. Big hugs it's a really stressful time, there are quite a few reflux support groups on favebook that in the early days were very helpful for us.

Just read back- we use a white noise machine too and still do at nearly 2
    Last edited by PipersMummy; 13-08-2015 at 10:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great to hear! It was amazing for us all to get the sleep we did last night and for her to have slept to well this morning. I'm surprised that it's not something that comes up more often amongst my mum friends and on here too.
    Well. ..we have ongoing sleep issues with DD. It's part of her syndrome.
    But here's a few things that the sleep dr said and we do. (And when I say sleep dr. .. i actually mean a medical professional not a 'regular' person! )
    White noise
    Night light
    And wearing a tighter fitting onsie. The pressure and feel of the tight clothing is soothing. She doesn't wear pj's that are sets anymore. So tight leggings with a body suit or similar. That are even a size smaller.
    We find that works. I know your little one is still small but I wish i had realised that sooner.
    Also a little massage before bedtime helps wind down.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

babyla  (13-08-2015)