+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default OPK Questions

Hey everyone!

So we are in our second cycle of TTC after two previous miscarriages. This month I have decided to use OPK for the first time. I usually have a regular 28 day cycle give or take a day or two and I have begun testing since CD 7. I am currently on CD 11 and am yet to have a positive although I have a line each time I test. The strongest line I had was on CD 7 which was close to the same as the control line but since then the line is lighter and has remained the same since!
    My question is it normal to have a darker line and then lighter lines before a positive? Also for you gals who have a 28 cycle when do you normally get your positive?? I'm so anxious to get one it's kind of becoming an obsession!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can get light lines for a few days and then dark line but it's only when the test line is darker then control that i know im getting ready to o. Generally day 12 for me. Then the line gets faint again. It might take a couple of months to find the right time in your cycle. Some people dont ovulate until day 18. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My cycle is 28/29 days and I ov around cd14/15. Some tests will have more dye which is why you get the variation. I find I get light lines for a few days prior and then dark as control/darker than control for a couple of hours while my surge is happening then it's back to light.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies ladies!
    Yeah I just found it strange that I had a darker line on CD 7 and then lighter. I usually have EWCM around the time I ovulate but haven't really had any yet so I'm guessing will get a positive around the time I do get some. DH and I have been BDing anyway just in case! How long does the LH surge usually last for? I'm only testing once a day so if the surge were to happen in the middle of the night I could possibly miss it right?