+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger

Default Greenslopes Maternity?

Has anyone delivered at Greenslopes Maternity? What can you tell me about it? I'm interested in any information/ experiences.

I'm pregnant with my 2nd, I had my first at Sunnybank Private but had an emergency cesarean and wasn't able to take DD into recovery with me so missed out on initial skin to skin, so I'd rather not go back there.

I've heard that Greenslopes is good, can anyone recommend an Ob or give me an indication of fees? Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Reply later, I have and about to go again

3. The Following User Says Thank You to maternidade For This Useful Post:

Mama Mirabelle  (11-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mama Mirabelle View Post
    Has anyone delivered at Greenslopes Maternity? What can you tell me about it? I'm interested in any information/ experiences.

I'm pregnant with my 2nd, I had my first at Sunnybank Private but had an emergency cesarean and wasn't able to take DD into recovery with me so missed out on initial skin to skin, so I'd rather not go back there.

I've heard that Greenslopes is good, can anyone recommend an Ob or give me an indication of fees? Thanks
    Who was your oby at sunnybank? Did they move to Greenslopes? I would book now as they book out quick. Personally I feel all the oby except 1 is fantastic.
    Call or email the girls and they can send out a current fee schedule, I think it's around the 2.5k- 3k mark for new patients. Most I think are no gap as well which helps.
    The food is amazing the rooms are very plush and the midwives are the best support

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Thanks maternidade. My previous Ob is still at Sunnybank so I'll have to go to someone new. My GP has told me to wait until my dating scan in 3 weeks before booking with an Ob, do you think I should try to book earlier? Would you mind PMing me the name of the Dr you have concerns about?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks maternidade. My previous Ob is still at Sunnybank so I'll have to go to someone new. My GP has told me to wait until my dating scan in 3 weeks before booking with an Ob, do you think I should try to book earlier? Would you mind PMing me the name of the Dr you have concerns about?
    Hell no book now, I know people that tried to book at 7 weeks and where too late. Most have ultrasound machines I believe and they do dating scan for you, it's part of initial consult.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to maternidade For This Useful Post:

Mama Mirabelle  (11-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi

I just had my second son at greenslopes and i can not recommend it highly enough. The rooms are awesome and the nursing staff are amazing. I loved every single one of them. The food was really good. I had an elective c section and the procedure went well and my recovery was fantastic.

I saw dr brad Robinson and he was awesome. He is the kindest man and really cares for his patients. He is very laid back with makes the appointments less stressful. He did an amazing job with my c section. I had skin to skin as soon I was in recovery.

I paid about $60 per appointment to see brad and his pregnancy management fee was $2700. The only bills I had to pay from the procedure was the anaesthetist and the paediatric bill.

You partner can stay there and they have loads of double beds.

Feel free to ask me any more questions

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Thanks mrsboyts, sounds like you had a great experience. I have a few questions but I'll come back tomorrow to post, thanks again!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Mirabelle For This Useful Post:

mrsboyts  (12-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my DS there. My ob was Dr B rad A rmstrong and he was great. Scan every appointment. Always devo that he wasn't the one to deliver my baby though, as I birthed on a Sunday so I just had to have whoever was on call.. it was a female ob, can't remember her name. She was pretty cold and "nothing-y", but by that stage (pushing) I didn't care. My MW made up for it, cause she was AWESOME. I was so lucky to end up with her for the birth, she was just amazing.

My stay there was okay. The food was pretty good for hospital food, plus they have a "room service" snack menu that you can phone up and order at pretty generous times, and is complimentary. I used to order toasted sandwiches for my DH, lol. The midwives I had no problem with, and one or two of them were especially nice... there was one who sat with me at 2am, settling my DS on her lap cause he was fractious, while I was busy pumping. We chatted about random topics and she made me feel a bit more human, for someone who was horribly anxious and hadn't slept a wink in three days. When I was too anxious to go home after my four night stay, they asked me if I wanted to stay an extra night, which I gladly accepted. The rooms are nice and the ward is pretty quiet noise-wise... Generally, I'd be happy to go back there again. Shame I don't live in Brisbane anymore!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sariele For This Useful Post:

Mama Mirabelle  (12-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did you pick it in the end op? I was there at the end of August b rad missed mine too as I was super quick ( turned up crowing ). The food was just as yummy as last time and the midwives on the ward were great.

I was a tad annoyed as we went in earlier that evening and was sent home. They didn't even call oby to say I had been in. A few short hours later I had delivered our little girl. It was very close to being a side of the road baby and I'm still frustrated the midwife in delivery didn't take me seriously earlier on. ( I was contracting 4 mins 4 mins 4mins ... etc and on the last contraction for the hour it would jump to say 10mins so I wasn't "consistent" ; I would like to add I was 4cm at this point too.

That's the only negative thing I have experienced and did complain to my oby. I understand sending women home in public were resources are stretched and bed spots are rare but there were heaps of rooms still available ( doors open so you knew) and being private had it been a false alarm my phi would have covered.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Yeah I did pick Greenslopes. Still have a few months to go but so far I'm very happy with my Ob and the whole Obstetric Unit.

That's a bit worrying what happened to you, thanks so much for sharing. With my first the midwives were ready to send me home too, they didn't believe me that my contractions were that painful and rolled their eyes and said 'oh it's your first time but we'll check you for peace of mind', they were gob smacked that I was already 2 cm dilated. I'll have to remember to be forceful if they try to fob me off at Greenslopes.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Mirabelle For This Useful Post:

maternidade  (17-11-2015)