+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I had the same number of ultrasounds as you maybe more. Baby is super healthy. In some European countries it's standard to get a scan every month.

Maybe talk to your GP about how to manage your anxiety there's an app you can Download called Mind The Bump that might help as well.

You haven't done anything to hurt your baby

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

Skysilver  (11-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Ps I know how you feel though, I had a lot of anxiety in pregnancy.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

Skysilver  (11-08-2015)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Oh yeah, RE the ultrasounds- my first pg was twins. I was scanned at least monthly. In the last trimester it was fortnightly. In the last month it was every few days. As I write this my nearly 7 year old twins are enjoying their dinner next to me, complaining about how I hid the pumpkin from them and tricked them!

Stick with BubHub, we'll help you out and put your fears to rest

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

ScubaGal  (12-08-2015),Skysilver  (11-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm glad you've found some of the responses reassuring. Pregnancy is naturally a stressful time, as almost everything is outside our realm of control. It's even more stressful if you've had a rough journey to get here. I'm currently 39 weeks pregnant after a miscarriage with twins last year. I'm generally a very chilled out person but I must admit that I'm still worried that I won't end up holding a healthy baby at the end of this pregnancy.

Most issues with babies/pregnancy are completely random and aren't as a result of anything we do or don't do. It's up to us to take the advice we are given by the health professionals caring for us (eg benefits and reassurance of the extra ultrasounds would outweigh any risks, or your doctor would've discussed this with you before doing them), and we do our best, it may not be perfect, but hey, welcome to parenthood (where nothing is perfect!).

Wishing you all the very best for the rest of your pregnancy x

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Polly6034 For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (11-08-2015),Skysilver  (11-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Olive Oil I am also feeling like the anxiety is starting to affect my life. It can be awful! Have tried to challenge myself with food this week by not being quite so restrictive and pedantic. A little scary for me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly6034 View Post
    I'm glad you've found some of the responses reassuring. Pregnancy is naturally a stressful time, as almost everything is outside our realm of control. It's even more stressful if you've had a rough journey to get here. I'm currently 39 weeks pregnant after a miscarriage with twins last year. I'm generally a very chilled out person but I must admit that I'm still worried that I won't end up holding a healthy baby at the end of this pregnancy.

Most issues with babies/pregnancy are completely random and aren't as a result of anything we do or don't do. It's up to us to take the advice we are given by the health professionals caring for us (eg benefits and reassurance of the extra ultrasounds would outweigh any risks, or your doctor would've discussed this with you before doing them), and we do our best, it may not be perfect, but hey, welcome to parenthood (where nothing is perfect!).

Wishing you all the very best for the rest of your pregnancy x

I'm so sorry for your loss of twins. Must have been devastating and would definitely cause anxiety next time around. I can relate as I still am worried something will go wrong even though I'm told everything is fine.
    It is really reassuring in a way to hear that so much is actually not under my control at all, as it does take the pressure off blaming myself if something happened.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Nomsie View Post
    Oh yeah, RE the ultrasounds- my first pg was twins. I was scanned at least monthly. In the last trimester it was fortnightly. In the last month it was every few days. As I write this my nearly 7 year old twins are enjoying their dinner next to me, complaining about how I hid the pumpkin from them and tricked them!

Stick with BubHub, we'll help you out and put your fears to rest
    Thank you! I surely will! That is so kind.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Are these big mistakes?!

Quote Originally Posted by Skysilver View Post
    Olive Oil I am also feeling like the anxiety is starting to affect my life. It can be awful! Have tried to challenge myself with food this week by not being quite so restrictive and pedantic. A little scary for me!
    I'm really sorry. I can relate. The thing about food is that some risks are there but they are usually so minimal a lot of expectant mothers barely think twice. A friend of mine ate EVERYTHING during her pregnancy! I mean pate, unwashed salad, raw egg yolk, soft cheese, salami etc etc. Her baby is insanely healthy!

I've learnt to be careful but reasonable. Baby steps x

Ps. I'm fairly certain my mum drank, ate everything and god knows what else when she was pregnant with us... We are all perfectly healthy and normal.
    Last edited by Olive Oil; 12-08-2015 at 19:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome to the anxiety club!

I had some serious anxiety issues during both my pregnancies, but particularly my second because I had the added stress of looking after a toddler. Like, crazy serious. I had to go off my anti-depressants when I found out I was pregnant and I think that probably went a long way to kick my anxiety up to 100. And I recall reading that pregnancy brings out the natural protective instinct like a b*tch.

I freaked out about lots of things. Like the fact that I went on a Mother's Day cocktail bender when I was 4 weeks pregnant and got into a very hot spa at around the same time. I ate soft cheese once without thinking and sometimes forgot to heat my food up all the way through. I also went to this Tesla thing where there was some seriously loud stuff happening, so loud that the adults had to wear ear muffs to block out the sound because it could damage your ears. (Me: Dear god, I've made my baby deaf!)

Every time I remembered all the 'Bad Things' I'd done, I'd get stressed.

[I also freaked out every time I crossed a bridge (what if it collapses and we all DIE?) and got in the car (what if I have an accident and we all DIE?) and when DH locked up the apartment (what if a serial killer comes in through our unlocked door and KILLS US ALL?). It sounds a little ridiculous now- okay, really ridiculous - but at the time they were serious fears. I probably should have stayed away from the true crime novels though ...]

But my boys are fine even though I didn't do everything right. And plenty of mums here will say the same.

Pregnancy is a hugely stressful time. With a long list of things you should and shouldn't do, what you should and shouldn't eat, exposure to everyday everything. And the internet is just as bad as it is good. Sure, you have information at the tips of your fingers, but you also have a whole lot of other anxious mothers to be being anxious and spilling their anxieties all over the place! I won't tell you not to Google because you will and I did and it's just what we do!

However, if you find your anxiety affecting your everyday life to an extreme, you should definitely see your OB about some mental health help. They can refer you to professionals who can help you manage your anxiety, whether it be naturally or with medication. It's important that you take care of yourself too, physically, mentally and emotionally.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to snowqu33n For This Useful Post:

Skysilver  (13-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Oh you poor thing! I haven't read all the replies but I couldn't read and not reply. I did so many of those things you mentioned and I have a perfectly happy and healthy 2yo. I fell asleep with my electric blanket on many times to the point of waking up feeling like I was in an oven. I listened to loud music so many times, not just a pleasant volume but actually really loud. Please try to take this opportunity to enjoy your last few months child free, perhaps try some pregnancy massage or meditation. And try not to google too much, I know how tempting it is but if you have concerns better to write them down and ask your Dr.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Mirabelle For This Useful Post:

Skysilver  (13-08-2015)