+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    It's a tricky one! I would feel the same I think. DD is 3 and hasn't used a pram for the last 6 months or so but I'd still feel a bit stressed taking her out plus a newborn. Maybe a second hand dual pram?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to amcyus For This Useful Post:

Mama Mirabelle  (12-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dd was 2.5yrs exactly when ds was born and I just use a buggy board for her. If I ever felt she needed to be in the pram, I would wrap ds.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I bought one for a similar gap and I found that we really didn't use the double but if I needed the 3yo in a pram I would wear the newbie. I ended up selling it very quickly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't for a 3yo - I'd wear baby if needed or get skate board attachment

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd be screwed without my double - but I don't drive. My girls are 22 months apart (now 3 and 14 months). It's very normal for us to do 6/7/8km walking in a day so there's no way my 3yr old would last walking or riding on the buggy board. That said I have a single with a buggy boat which is great for short trips. But on the big trips I need somewhere to put both of them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DD was a bit younger than yours when my DS was born (about 2 years 7 mths), but we found the double pram really helpful for a couple of reasons. Firstly, we regularly took our dog on fairly long walks and there was no way DD would want to stand/walk the whole way. And secondly, I found it useful to strap her in on occasions when she was being a bit of a terror (running away/refusing to leave). That being said, DS hated the pram for the first 6 months and was largely in the carrier, so we could probably have made do with a single pram! Do you plan on babywearing? If so, you could always use the pram for your eldest if necessary and carry the baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Get a cheap second hand double off gumtree. I would recommend it. I will have a 3yr and 3mth gap between dd2 and #3. Whilst my dd2 is not a runner she is a tantrum queen and frequently lies on the ground refusing to move. A pram helps me restrain her when she chucks Wobblies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had 3yrs between 1&2 and we used a buggyboard attachment on the pram.

We had 2yrs between 2&3 and got a double for them but sold it after 9mths as #2 wouldnt get in anymore