Closed Thread
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    Ohh... Here I am still thinking that hand in mouth was a hungry sign... Lol. THANK YOU!!
    You're welcome tired signs are well worth researching in advance I reckon!!

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Ohh... Here I am still thinking that hand in mouth was a hungry sign... Lol. THANK YOU!!
    Fwiw, my ds never put his hand in his mouth. So it wasn't a terribly useful sign for me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post

I find the mum's that appear to manage the best are the ones that just follow baby's cues and go with it.

The mum's that overthink every little thing - "how can the baby be hungry again, i just fed her half an hour ago, what's wrong with her, what's wrong with me" instead of just putting the baby back on the breast and going with it - I find really struggle with lots of things.
    before having a baby I used to frown on routines and think I would always go with the baby and that's what I did with my first. I fed to sleep, I rocked, I fed on demand (and believe me it it was CONSTANT), I baby wore, I co slept anything she needed I was there and I did it but I never felt I knew her everyone would constantly ask me is she tired or does that mean she wants this or that. I wanted to scream I don't know! I don't know my baby! It wasn't until I implemented a routine (and yes it was SOS ) that I felt calm and like I knew what she wanted and needed and I could just be her mum and enjoy her! I guess that's just me though. I would happily co sleep with her it just doesn't work for us..

My. Kids being on routines don't mean get less cuddles, it doesn't mean they don't get EVERYTHInG they need whenever they need it just because they sleep 7-7.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Not every child will sleep

Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    Where do you get your figures from? Cos I have a heap of friends with kids 2-6yo and less than 2-3 would sleep thru as per your definition. MOST of my friends and my kids will wake 1-4 times a week or 1-3x a night for whatever reason. All normal healthy kids.

I have an issue with your "%".
    As mentioned in a previous post they were plucked

You're a pretty easy going go-with-the flow person (I don't mean that in a negative way). I sort of admire the way that you have a big day nap with your kids and do family stuff late in the evening. Is it possible that you have gravitated towards friends with similar parenting philosophies and lifestyles and that there is a possible connection between that and the kids sleep habits?
    Last edited by VicPark; 11-08-2015 at 20:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    *facepalm*

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (11-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AdornedWithCats View Post
    Fwiw, my ds never put his hand in his mouth. So it wasn't a terribly useful sign for me!
    DD has had her hands in her mouth all afternoon and I keep pulling them out and showing my boob in there instead thinking 'how can she still be hungry!'

8. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (11-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    DD has had her hands in her mouth all afternoon and I keep pulling them out and showing my boob in there instead thinking 'how can she still be hungry!'
    Hahaha. I think my ds would make fists when tired. And get super hyperactive. He is still the same now. Hyper and bitey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    If you want to get into a real Tizz I have a book you can borrow ..
    Can't believe no-ones liked my joke yet

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Acadaca  (11-08-2015),Mokeybear  (12-08-2015),MsViking  (11-08-2015),TheGooch  (11-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I clearly remember thinking that my first son slept well because of my amazing skill as a parent and my flawless routine. Hahahaha. The universe decided to give me a big fu with my second and third child and they both had me crashing back to earth. Some kids are naturally bad sleepers no matter what you do - even if you try and use the same awesome routine with each child.

I should disclose that I am unwilling to leave my child to cry themselves to sleep. I know that it might solve a problem or two for me if I were to be comfortable doing this but I'm not willing to and thus I am happy to wear that bad sleepers for the time being. I don't believe that to be a reasonable solution.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Acadaca For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (11-08-2015),HollyGolightly81  (11-08-2015),VicPark  (11-08-2015),Wise Enough  (11-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Sonja.

You rock.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (11-08-2015)