Closed Thread
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    Funny...I thought even older children still went through developmental phases...
    Yes of course they do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Good point. I've said in previous threads that it's ok if a kid wakes at night. It's only a problem if the parent is concerned that the night wakings are having a negative impact within the family unit.
    Really? Sorry I call shenanigans on that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    But @A-Squared what you don't appreciate is that every time these stats are trotted out it's a little stab to the heart of a sleep deprived mother reading Bubhub. I know she's not accurate so I don't care but I've had 4 kids and enough life experience to know one person's opinions on here don't matter to me.

Sorry but I strongly believe if someone is to make these assertions they should be accurate. No one on here is saying the sleep training won't work with 9/10 babies so why do it?

I created this as a safe place for people to share their stories about their children and their sleep so maybe those who held strident views could open their minds.

Clearly I failed.
    You didn't fail.
    It was an awesome attempt and TBH, I'd really love it if this thread could be closed, cleaned, reopened and stickied. Not for me, because I'm in a very happy place with my children and their sleep but for the mums with young babies, toddlers etc... who need the safe space.

I just feel that the heart of this thread has been lost to ego and the need to be "right" and that is a crying shame.

Only on the hub.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (11-08-2015),SuperGranny  (12-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

I created this as a safe place for people to share their stories about their children and their sleep so maybe those who held strident views could open their minds.

Clearly I failed.
    If that was your intention maybe next time this could be made clearer in the OP? I honestly read the OP and did not think that was the intention. I interpreted the quoting of my words from the other thread and ending with "vent over" as it was ok for some robust (but respectful) discussion.
    Apologies if this assessment was incorrect.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    every time these stats are trotted out it's a little stab to the heart of a sleep deprived mother reading Bubhub.
    Totally agree.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (12-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Vic park false stats make me ragey. She never says they are made up in the first post she puts them in.
    It is misleading, disgusting and harmful.
    Admitting they are made up later in thread does not make up for that fact.
    Last edited by LoveLivesHere; 11-08-2015 at 22:44.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (11-08-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (12-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    You didn't fail.
    It was an awesome attempt and TBH, I'd really love it if this thread could be closed, cleaned, reopened and stickied. Not for me, because I'm in a very happy place with my children and their sleep but for the mums with young babies, toddlers etc... who need the safe space.

I just feel that the heart of this thread has been lost to ego and the need to be "right" and that is a crying shame.

Only in the hub.
    That's not fair
    This thread was in he general sleeping section and the safe place thing wasn't clearly stated as he intention of this thread. I have responded respectfully to an OP that quoted my words from another thread and have (I hope respectfully) responded to those who had questions about my views.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Really? Sorry I call shenanigans on that.
    True! I promise. Feel free to search through my post history because I am off to bed soon and can't be arsed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    You didn't fail.

Only on the hub.
    I've always thought there should be a section for non-sleep trainers and a pro-section. There is a no-cry section and a pro-cc section but that seems more for advice and tips on how to practice certain sleep techniques rather just needing to talk about what you're going through without judgement or suggestions. Kinda like how there are separate bottle and breastfeeding sections.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (12-08-2015),VicPark  (11-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLivesHere View Post
    Vic park false stats make me ragey. She never says they are made up in the first post she puts them in.
    It is misleading, disgusting and harmful.
    Admitting they ate made up later in thread does not make up for that fact.
    Apologies. I thought it would be obvious to everyone they were made up. Obviously I was wrong!