+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Mumma's Vent

I'm a mum of 2 littles ones, two under the age of 2.
    Both of my little ones are not well and my DH is also unwell. I have had a head cold for over a week also.
    I am just exhausted. I'm currently doing it all on my own and as I'm sure you know when kids are unwell they demand more of you than normal.
    I'm that tired and warn out I feel like I could curl up in a ball and cry..
    I don't think DH realises how hard it can be sometimes and that just frustrates me even more.
    I'm sorry to complain, I just needed to get it out and talk to other parents.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh honey I hear you. I am so exhausted I've been in and out of tears all day. No real reason just that I am so bone tired that I have lost control of my emotions. It's been a really hard year for us and we've all been plagued with illness for the past fortnight. Everything just feels completely overwhelming and there's nothing I can do but just keep ploughing through it!

I hope things lift for you soon x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hey Ruby Tuesday! Must be the time for it! I'm also sick, and have two little ones that are sick. My hubby is away though, not sure if that makes it easier because there's one less to look after, or harder lol!! Let's wallow in our misery together x

Thanks
    Reviews
    I totally get it. I've got the same thing - looking after a sick Dh and two sick kids as well as dealing with the fact I'm sick too. I am so exhausted and its really getting me down.

I wish these winter viruses would hurry up and go away!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep, here too. I've been sick for nearly 2 weeks (so sick I can barely function), kids have been coughing and snotty, but not sick-sick and the husband was away.

He's home now, but do I get any help? Nope. He's got the Sh!ts with me. Probably because I asked him to sleep in the spare room as his snoring is out of control (and he won't admit there's a problem) and he was keeping me awake. So I've moved to the cold spare room. Awesome. So now I have the Sh!ts with him too.

Why is it always a competition? Yes, I get you're tired, but FFS, I can barely stand up. You have NEVER had to deal with the kids alone when you're sick, yet I have to do it all the bleeping time. Noooo, when YOU'RE sick, you get to sleep all day and moan and groan all you like. I however, am just supposed to suck it up. No resting for me. Well FU DH. FU.

Sorry about the rant. It's always the same. Not sure why I expect it to change.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep. 3 sick kids, sick myself, pregnant, and a hubby that's fine but doesn't do anything to help. Lol. The joys of winter! Bring on summer!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    Why is it always a competition? Yes, I get you're tired, but FFS, I can barely stand up. You have NEVER had to deal with the kids alone when you're sick, yet I have to do it all the bleeping time. Noooo, when YOU'RE sick, you get to sleep all day and moan and groan all you like. I however, am just supposed to suck it up. No resting for me. Well FU DH. FU.
    This is exactly what I'm dealing with too. When DH was sick he got to stay in bed and doing nothing but rest and relax while I ran around and did everything. Now I'm sick I'm still having to run around and look after the kids etc and if I ask him to help he complains about feeling tired and huffs and puffs like I'm being melodramatic. I can barely function. I need help. Don't make me beg for it, it freaks the kids out. :-(

I really wish I was born male sometimes.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

Californication  (06-09-2015)

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope everyone of you gets better quickly. I feel so sad to hear you are not getting much help from your other half. that is just wrong, there should be a partnership, where you have someone to help and support you too. hugs, marie,

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS (12mo) just came home from hospital yesterday, he is recovering from rotavirus and DD has a milder case. I have fallen ill with it today too. I feel horrendous, I can barely walk. DH is coming home from work, there's no other option. I physically can't look after the kids today. He's already had Thursday, Friday and Monday off with DS in hospital so it's not ideal, but not much I can do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought I was the only one who felt the way they do about their lack of help and support from their DH. Its the story of my life. Its like I don't deserve my rest or my sanity.
    Only just today I tried to talk to DH about how I have been feeling and after we exchanged words because I was expressing my feelings and in tears that I am not copeing and need help, he put a pillow over his head so ge didn't have to listen to me.
    All I was trying to do was talk to him about how I am feeling and he basically said that since I have had the kids I am not the same person and what note could he possibly do because he goes to work and helps out etc. He doesnt understand just how hard being a mum can be sometimes.
    I can't stop crying.. I wish there was a way I could make all these feelings just go away 😢

12. The Following User Says Thank You to rubytuesday24 For This Useful Post:

Freyamum  (11-08-2015)