+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    You said he escapes the swaddle, have you tried any of the zip up or Velcro Swaddles?

Google love to dream swaddle and Woombie swaddle. They can't escape those.

Have you got any kind of 'routine' like feed, play, feed, sleep and try and get bub to sleep after the same time interval? I think at 3 months, you should be trying to put bub down after 1.5 hours awake.

I found clock watching more effective than tired signs watching. Unless of course it's only been an hour awake and Bub is yawning and grizzling. Then I'd put bub down a bit earlier. You may find he has 4x 40 minute naps and that's okay.
    I have a 7 month old (my second) and I find a combo of clock watching and tired signs. Also, we do feed play sleep and it works really well for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the tips. We currently use the velcro swaddles. But i think i might purchase one of the arms up love to dreams ones. He does stick his hands sttaight in his mouth once he breaks free so he might like it.

I try to stick to the feed play sleep. But with his short naps he starts to snack alot as he isnt hungry when the feed comes around...and then for some reason he is up more that night eating. So i normally have a sleep play sleep somewhere in the day also to space it out again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was also going to suggest a love to dream arms up bag. My DS hated being swaddled. For the first few weeks he just slept arms free then I moved him to arms up love to dream and he loved it. Then we slowly did the transition with the one arm at a time out so that both arms were free before he had learnt to roll.
    The arms up helped with self soothing cos he liked to rub his hands on his cheeks

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SoReady For This Useful Post:

louisey81  (10-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe also try changing to sleep, feed, play so he isn't relying on feeding to go to sleep. He may be suffering light reflux or wind which is why he needs the patting and rocking. If you feed when he wakes rather than just before he sleeps it might help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We took DD to sleep school at 4 months, best thing we ever did. I highly reccomend looking into what is available in your state if you don't have any luck with some of the ideas people have already given you. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by louisey81 View Post
    How old was she? And what process did you use?
    she was about 3.5 months old.. I'd put her down and of course she would have a cry, then I'd pick her up for a little then put her down. sometimes I'd put her in the infant swing or the pram and at first for a few weeks she cried but then she slowly got used to them both. but I gotta admit, the crying drove me batty. I felt nor here nor there at times.