+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default House husbands

I want to start watching tomorrow. I've never seen it before so can someone please fill me in on the different characters.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It's a good show. Check out 9s jump in site, you should be able to get character synopsis there and also watch previous seasons.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

2BlueBirds  (09-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Unfortunately I don't have time to watch any episodes before tomorrow and I couldn't find any info about the characters on the website.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default House husbands

Oh really, bugger. I can't remember their character names (except for the kids) but I'll give you a bit of a run down as best I can (bear with me!)

Basic storyline is a group of dads whose kids all attend the same school.

Gary Sweet and Julia Morris (Gemma) play a couple. His 3rd wife and they have a daughter together - Tilda. He also has 2 adult children from his previous marriages, Lucy and another girl (played Debbie in Wentworth). Found out in a previous season he also has a son (Lincoln Lewis) who is sporadically in the show. At the end of last season, there was a bit of a relationship bust up as Gary Sweet had an "interlude" with his ex wife and had a heart attack and Gemma found out.

Rhys Muldoon and Natalie Saleeba (Jessica off All Saints) have a daughter Poppy. She is by far the funniest kid. He's was high flying type exec and she is a doctor. They had a second child last season (or possibly the end of the previous season).

Gyton Grantley is the gay brother of Natalie Saleeba's character. He is "dad" to Stella. Stella is actually the niece of his ex husband (Tim Campbell - Anthony Calleas real life husband), but now shares custody. He found love at the end of last season with Darren, the host of The Voice. Darren's character has kids at the school too which is how they met.

Firass Dirani plays an ex AFL player who is a single dad. Initially he was on the brink of divorce after his wife ran away with his manager, but then they got back together until she was hit by a car and killed. He has 3 kids - twin boys and a little girl, Angie. He was in love with Gary Sweet's daughter Lucy, but I think reality of her having an instant family was too much and she did a runner at the end of last season (I'm a touch fuzzy on this).

They now all own a bar together.

Not sure if that's actually helpful or not haha.

ETA: watching this weeks ep at the moment and I was wrong on a couple of things - Kane (Gyton Grantley) met his bloke at the school. He's the school librarian and is also the nephew of the school principal.
    Last edited by M'LadyEm; 12-08-2015 at 18:55.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

2BlueBirds  (09-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You're the best. Thank you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've only ever seen a few episodes so last week I started on the catch up episodes. They have all three past seasons on Jump In so I have become addicted watching them all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is anyone else totally annoyed with Justin's storyline at present. I think I'm extra irked cause we've been in a similar manipulated situation.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellesbelles For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (22-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellesbelles View Post
    Is anyone else totally annoyed with Justin's storyline at present. I think I'm extra irked cause we've been in a similar manipulated situation.
    Yes. I love this show normally but I can't bring myself to watch it now. I watched maybe 5 mins of last nights episode and changed channels because it is frustrating me way too much!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default House husbands

Agree it really bugged me last night and made the rest of the season so predictable, of course he is going to lose Angie now. Why did he have to be such a hot head? And that lady interviewing him and Rodney really ticked me off something about her smile!

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default House husbands

Yes!!! Seriously bugged.
    And the sabotaging they do of themselves and each other is beyond stupid. Kane and Justin's cr@p last night.
    The court storyline is bogus. Unrealistic.
    And... Going out on a limb here but how many people has Justin punched, in front of kids, or even just argued with before we actually wonder if he is such a great parent?!?!?