+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    New balance sneakers dd has currently are well made and seem like they are gonna go the distance. Nike and Adidas have lasted well in the past. Anything from Target / big w / Kmart / spend less as a pp said don't last anywhere near as long for everyday wear. I expect a good 6 months at the very least-12 months unless she grows out of them!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DD sneakers will last for ages...until she grows out really. My DS (age 9) I'm lucky to get a term..regardless of brand he rides bikes, scooters and skateboards daily and the sole and toes often will have a hole in it within weeks. We buy him good quality footy boots and basketball boots for games/training only, and cheaper sneakers for school/everyday wear. He will usually wear a pair of canvas skate shoes on the weekend which wear better due to the heavy rubber sole but they have poor ankle and arch support. ..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    7 year old goes through shoes like water- bought him a pair last week and the toes are already nearly gone, the pair before that lasted 5 weeks.

Doesn't matter if they cost $20 or $200, he just ruins them.

9 year old gets 2-3 terms out of them- she tends to outgrow them rather than ruin them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    A good pair of shoes should last a year. Anything less and they are crap unless of course they outgrow them sooner

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    If it's a good pair (and their feet haven't grown out of them) they last 12 mths or so, but cheapies, 6 months or less. Two of my kids are really hard on shoes and the other two not so much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I get DDs (2 and half yo) shoes at Betts kids when they're 50% off. They always last way longer than cheapies. Grabbed her a pair of Kmart shoes just to see how they'd go and firstly the Velcro straps were different lengths and didn't even go over her feet!! She just wore them to the park a few times and they've fallen apart so will spend more next time. Betts are usually $70 full price but I get the end of season specials (a lot of the shoes aren't exactly seasonal).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I get DS Stride Rite shoes and they are always still perfect by the time he outgrows them. I bought another brand that were about $40 so not cheap and the toe was rubbed within 2 weeks. Within 2 months that rub was a hole.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It really depends on the kid.

I would expect a good pair of shoes to last a year or until they outgrow them- whichever comes first.

This is fine for DSD. DSS... lucky to get 6 weeks out of his. So we buy chep shoes for him, as he gets 6 weeks out of Kmart as well as 6 weeks out of Clarks.