+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How long do you expect kids shoes to last

How long do you expect kids shoes to last

My ds is 4 and I bought him a pair from Payless shoes about 2 months ago and they are literally falling to pieces.

Yes he wears them every day, but I kinda expected them to last a little longer

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    6 months. But we pay $50-$70 per pair. Usually last a year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We usually get 12 months out of a pair if Mr 3.5years hasnt had a growth spurt. I find clarks are ok bu tr a little pricy for kids shoes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    My 7 year old gets one school term out of a pair of shoes - doesn't matter if we pay $20 or $80 (and we have!) he just trashes them. The other two I get a good six to twelve months out of)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS tends to make them look trashy before the actual shoe breaks. But we live on property as do most of our friends with pea gravel drives so might be slightly less wear on them in suburbia. In saying that, DS still wears them until they don't fit, they just don't look as good but I usually have one nice pair that is for wearing out only not playing in!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 5 yr old daughter ruins the toes in her shoes within less than a week. I buy the cheapest shoes now because of that. I'm dreading school next year and how quickly they'll be ruined

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My 7 year old DS used to go through a pair a term when I bought cheaper brands like Big W, Spendless joggers and fila (still all around $40 apart from Big W)... This is the first time he's ever gone into the next term with the same pair. I bought him a pair of nikes on sale for $59 and they are still great. He's out playing soccer every day at lunch. I'll stick to nikes or maybe even try Asics next.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    About 6 months for my 2yo, she usually is ready to go up a size and they're considerably trashed by then. We buy $60-70 shoes so they're good quality but I think when they're constantly playing, no shoe is going to survive for too long.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have learnt not to bother buying shoes from Payless/Target/Big W/certainly not Kmart if I want them to last.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aasics sneakers for DS last untik he outgrows them, 6-9mths. They cost $60-$80/pair