+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    I'm going to attempt one to get her to put herself to sleep! Sick of sitting with her every single night for 30-60 minutes (I know you understand that feeling BRV!) we used one for DS around the same age (a few months older actually) for toilet training and it worked really well, but he got Lego mini figures. But we have so much cr&p in the house now I don't want to be giving both of them toys all the time.
    Oh, that sounds annoying! And yep, I know how that feels. How long has this been happening?

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Oh, that sounds annoying! And yep, I know how that feels. How long has this been happening?
    Er, her whole life! pretty over it now! At least she sleeps through almost always these days (touch wood!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have one for my 2yo DD. She understands what she needs to do to earn a sticker.

I have listed:
    -sit and eat nicely
    -be polite
    -listen to Mummy & Daddy
    -put your toys away
    -use the toilet

I think have 4 columns and 4 numbers per column. If she fills 4 stickers in one box she gets trampoline time. If she fills the whole row Daddy gets to take her out somewhere special.

I'm not really strict on it yet as she's still little but she certainly understands.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We started one a couple of months back, when DD was just over 2.5.
    She'd gone backwards with toileting since DS was born, and it worked wonders to get her back to the norm. Not sure how to transition to something else now though.

Ours is a daily thing...she gets a sticker if she's tried really hard all day, gets to choose a pair of new undies if she's stayed dry all day, and gets a reward of her choosing if she tries hard all week. So far she's chosen sticker/activity books, reading extra stories at bedtime and a small stuffed toy.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post:

FearlessLeader  (09-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Following for later

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Renn View Post
    We started one a couple of months back, when DD was just over 2.5.
    She'd gone backwards with toileting since DS was born, and it worked wonders to get her back to the norm. Not sure how to transition to something else now though.

Ours is a daily thing...she gets a sticker if she's tried really hard all day, gets to choose a pair of new undies if she's stayed dry all day, and gets a reward of her choosing if she tries hard all week. So far she's chosen sticker/activity books, reading extra stories at bedtime and a small stuffed toy.
    Ooooh I think extra stories at bedtime could be a real winner here!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by caketin View Post
    I have one for my 2yo DD. She understands what she needs to do to earn a sticker.

I have listed:
    -sit and eat nicely
    -be polite
    -listen to Mummy & Daddy
    -put your toys away
    -use the toilet

I think have 4 columns and 4 numbers per column. If she fills 4 stickers in one box she gets trampoline time. If she fills the whole row Daddy gets to take her out somewhere special.

I'm not really strict on it yet as she's still little but she certainly understands.
    What sort of special places does she get to go to?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    What sort of special places does she get to go to?
    @FearlessLeader sometimes they'll go to her favourite parks or up to my in-laws farm for a day trip or they might just go out for lunch together for pizza and a spearmint milkshake 😉 Not only is it great for my DH and DD to spend one on one time together I also get a time out!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to caketin For This Useful Post:

FearlessLeader  (10-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well here is DD's star chart no one could accuse my daughter of being a minimalist! Wish us luck, I think we could be in for a rough evening 😬

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1439199535.732443.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We tried star charts for DSD for sleeping. Reward was a new DVD.
    Never worked.

So we switched to getting "A BIG X" when she didn't sleep. No repurcussions, just an X on a chart. That worked much better for her. She was around 3 at the time.

Now we have "Must DO" charts- they have 6 things each. They don't get rewards for this.
    They get rewards (pocket money) for good behaviour, or being extra helpful/nice etc.