+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Just*Ace View Post
    Ok the births deaths and marriages website says I can apply for an amendment on a certificate. So I could apply to amend my marriage certificate to not have the hyphen...wonder if that will work!
    I went through this with my Nana. It was easier and far cheaper to change her birth certificate to match everything else.

And according to someone I know at the post office they are very strict and a stat Dec would not do. She said, as well as the people at bdm and the local court house, changing the birth certificate was the easiest way to go.

Eta: just saw the bit about the mix of names. See what they say at your passport interview.
    Last edited by DesperatelySeekingSleep; 14-08-2015 at 20:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just ring the passport office and ask. When I changed my name on my passport after I got married, I used IDs that were in my maiden name, ID that had just my husbands name, and ID that had mine and my husbands name double barreled (which was what I was putting on the passport).
    Maybe it was different because I already had a passport and was just changing my name but they didn't seem that strict. Surely a missing hyphen wouldn't matter.
    However, if it is going to be an issue, you can amend your marriage certificate to match your other IDs. We had to do this after we got married when we realised that some of the names on our certificate were spelled wrong. I just scanned the certificate into an email, along with a copy of my birth certificate showing the correct spelling, and they amended and sent back a correct copy. It took 6 weeks though.