+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I would try and change your drivers licence name to the name on your birth certificate ... and then get your passport in that name.

(try at the post office first, but if that doesnt work, I would try this anyway)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I honestly have no idea! Maybe it's worth a try for you?? If it doesn't work then maybe you'll need the name change certificate?

I can't remember exactly what had to be in the Stat Dec - but the post office man dictated to me what to write
    'My name is x, I am female, I was born on y, at z', etc it was a whole letter thing with basic details and the situation as to the wrong spelling on our marriage certificate (he then took photo copies of all my supporting docs - children's birth certificates with the correct spelling of my surname, my medicare card, DH'S passport with his correct spelling. Every single document matched up except for our marriage certificate. Originally I wasn't even allowed to use my old passport as a document - and like I said I have had a passport my whole life, renewed every 10 years. I just don't know if the first two ladies I dealt with were just more strict than necessary, or the 3rd guy just knew a little more than them.

(The first lady wouldn't even allow my passport photos from that system at officeworks - where the computer let's you know that they're according to standards.... so I had to get new photos done by her at the post office).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BH-KatiesMum View Post
    I would try and change your drivers licence name to the name on your birth certificate ... and then get your passport in that name.

(try at the post office first, but if that doesnt work, I would try this anyway)
    Do you mean back to my maiden name? My license also matches the no hyphen of my birth certificate, the marriage certificate is the one that ruins it by having a hyphen.

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Oh right. Sorry I thought your drivers licence was wrong too.

Perhaps go to bmd and explain the typo then ....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a thought...

If all your supporting docs are no hyphen, maybe they will amend your marriage certificate... (one of DH's supporting docs also had the wrong spelling, one of the reasons they wouldn't amend it)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTimeHasCome View Post
    Just a thought...

If all your supporting docs are no hyphen, maybe they will amend your marriage certificate... (one of DH's supporting docs also had the wrong spelling, one of the reasons they wouldn't amend it)
    Well it's all a bit of a mix...
    Birth certificate - no hyphen
    Marriage - hyphen
    License - no hyphen
    Medicare/centrelink/bank - hyphen

But I guess getting it all to match my birth cert is the most important one. Will have to try amending the marriage cert, and maybe getting my Medicare card changed. Although no idea how long that would take to get...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had similar trouble as some of my documents had maiden name, some had married name, some had both (non-hyphenated) and some had my maiden name as my middle name. All variations of each other but not one document was the same. It's pretty obvious it's me but nothing was consistent. All I had to do was fill in a stat dec saying I was all of those people.

Don't get all your other documents amended now. Just go to your interview and let them work it out or fill in a stat dec when you're there.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to HeyMissA For This Useful Post:

TheTimeHasCome  (08-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HeyMissA View Post
    I had similar trouble as some of my documents had maiden name, some had married name, some had both (non-hyphenated) and some had my maiden name as my middle name. All variations of each other but not one document was the same. It's pretty obvious it's me but nothing was consistent. All I had to do was fill in a stat dec saying I was all of those people.

Don't get all your other documents amended now. Just go to your interview and let them work it out or fill in a stat dec when you're there.
    I was awake constantly last night stressing about this....but I'm really hoping this is the answer! Surely a stat dec saying that I am the same person and at times my name has been hyphenated should be enough....I really hope so!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Just*Ace View Post
    I was awake constantly last night stressing about this....but I'm really hoping this is the answer! Surely a stat dec saying that I am the same person and at times my name has been hyphenated should be enough....I really hope so!
    Could you contact the post office who does the passport interview or phone the passport office tomorrow to find out exactly what they need?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

HappyBovinexx  (09-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How did you go OP?