+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My DS is almost 13mo and is a pro at the "hip thrust, crocodile roll" maneuver. My DD was the same at this age, I think it's pretty normal! I usually dress him in the hallway after a bath because DD is still in there. I typically end up chasing him up and down the hall! I get the nappy on first then let him crawl around, sneak the singlet on when he sits up to play with something, then put his PJs on while he stands against the bath giggling at his sister.

For nappy changes, I use distraction as much as possible. A small toy usually buys me just enough time. Otherwise there is a game I play with him where I say "I'm gonna eat your..." With a long pause then I say "feet!" Or "belly" then pretend to do it. He's used to the game now so when I start saying it he stops wriggling and smiles, anticipating the tickles. Is there a little game he's familiar with like that?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (22-08-2015)

kiwimum890 is offline It won't happen overnight, but it will happen!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Kiwimum still difficult. When hes not tired its ok, i can get it done quickly & give him something to keep him entertained. When hes tired its a different story though. Getting him undressed & then dressed again after his bath at night takes two people as im yet to find a effective way to restrain him by myself. I dont know what im going to do next time dh is away for work. Spend hours chasing him around the room i guess or put him to bed naked
    Sorry to hear it is still difficult, do you have an musical toys that might hold his attention a bit longer, kind of relaxing music like a mobile?

Kmart has one and the clowns spin around...you could try something like that...

http://www.kmart.com.au/product/wooden-music-box/675307

Did you try the nappy pants at all?

kiwimum890 is offline It won't happen overnight, but it will happen!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    My DS is almost 13mo and is a pro at the "hip thrust, crocodile roll" maneuver. My DD was the same at this age, I think it's pretty normal! I usually dress him in the hallway after a bath because DD is still in there. I typically end up chasing him up and down the hall! I get the nappy on first then let him crawl around, sneak the singlet on when he sits up to play with something, then put his PJs on while he stands against the bath giggling at his sister.

For nappy changes, I use distraction as much as possible. A small toy usually buys me just enough time. Otherwise there is a game I play with him where I say "I'm gonna eat your..." With a long pause then I say "feet!" Or "belly" then pretend to do it. He's used to the game now so when I start saying it he stops wriggling and smiles, anticipating the tickles. Is there a little game he's familiar with like that?
    Your DD sounds exactly like my DS!! Love your description of the crocodile roll!
    Your technique distraction sounds exactly like mine too!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kiwimum890 For This Useful Post:

Cue  (23-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TwiceBlessed View Post
    Oh dear, we have been having the same issues as the OP, especially for the after bathtime dressing so I remembered this thread and suggested that hubby give mr 17 month old his phone for a second to distract him. He literally had it for 5 seconds and bit the screen. $200 for new screen as he cracked it despite the screen protector. So maybe put the phone somewhere where he can see it but not bite it.
    Something that has worked for us is to have a shoebox full of toys he doesn't see very often handy at the change table and pull something out right at the critical moment when you need him to lie still. We have a few of those sensory type toys that I got for 4yo DS1 to fiddle with instead of thumb-sucking (zipper bracelets, koosh balls etc) that DS2 wouldn't get to play with otherwise. Cheaper than the phone screen!!

Hugs to you Heartstringz, its tough to have yet another thing become difficult for you when you are already struggling.
    Oh my goodness I'm so sorry my suggestion cost you a $200 phone screen! I can't believe that biting was enough to break it! Sorry again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MillieMollyMandy View Post
    Oh my goodness I'm so sorry my suggestion cost you a $200 phone screen! I can't believe that biting was enough to break it! Sorry again
    Oh not at all, no apology needed! We resort to the iphone at times for distraction with DS1 but have not actually given it to the cheeky little fella DS2. I said to hubby "try your phone" meaning turn it on and wave it around but he gave it over and chomp. Sorry if I didn't choose my words carefully enough, I didn't mean to imply that it was anyones fault at all!! We are big kids and make our own decisions!
    Big tick for DH and me tho that neither of us blamed each other, just put it down to experience and seeing the difference between our 2 boys - one is a lover and one is a fighter . They are going to cost us a lot more $$ than that phone screen before they are all grown up. DS1 got a new bmx a few weeks ago, so its only fair that DS2 got a special treat of a phone to munch on for a couple of seconds.