+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    just over a dollar today. Not much but it all adds up. Balance at $181 something..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love the rounding down idea I had no money in savings but went on and looked at my bank and rounded down my bank accounts and now have $6.31 it's a start I guess :-)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to our4boys For This Useful Post:

blissfulfairy  (11-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Savings challenge

Ok I'm in ... I'm putting every bit of extra money (eg-tax refund, supplements, school bonus) into an account I can't touch plus each week I'm rounding down so I've got $100 left in each of my two savings accounts. I started on 8th July and so far my balance getting bigger. Obviously I won't be able to save at that rate all the time but it was a good boost to get me started.
    Last edited by Theboys&me; 11-08-2015 at 16:54.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

blissfulfairy  (11-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Savings challenge

I'm challenging myself not to spend any money until Saturday. It's highly unlikely I will be able to but I'm going to try, I waste far too much on takeaway coffees and lunches at my tafe campus. I could probably save $35 alone just by packing lunch and coffee.

I have to buy nappies which obviously is unavoidable but apart from that I do not want to spend money this week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamyMummy View Post
    I'm challenging myself not to spend any money until Saturday. It's highly unlikely I will be able to but I'm going to try, I waste far too much on takeaway coffees and lunches at my tafe campus. I could probably save $35 alone just by packing lunch and coffee.

I have to buy nappies which obviously is unavoidable but apart from that I do not want to spend money this week.
    Nappies dont count.

You can do it! I have to not spend money til Tues.... Pack snacks and drinks to go out.

I also have to find / make presents for 3 family members for the weekend. :O

I dont have much left to save this week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got 8.74 in savings next fortnight I've got so many bills that I will only be able to save by rounding down. I've used all my money to fix my car and get groceries that were delivered last night that will hopefully last til next Wednesday I'm also doing online orders with Coles for the next 4 weeks so I can get $50 off my shop. The only spending I'm doing between now and payday is spring seedlings tomorrow to plant out my veggie garden.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to our4boys For This Useful Post:

blissfulfairy  (14-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Okay so I had a bit of a splurge but there is some reasonings behind it.

FOB and I we're going to take Dd and Dsd to the QLD show that's on at the moment, it would have been $50 for tickets alone (Dd is free) and then probably another $200 in spending money, seems a lot but for that amount you only get to go on a few rides and games etc plus show bags.

Instead last minute we decided to sign up for a theme park membership which is $9 a month for unlimited access to 3 theme parks and a animal farm for the next year. We catch public transport so even getting there we don't have to factor in fuel costs. I'm much happier with this decision as I didn't budget for the show and it would have taken half of what I allocated to save this week.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DreamyMummy For This Useful Post:

blissfulfairy  (14-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How's everyone going with their savings?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to our4boys For This Useful Post:

munchkin275  (18-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm very impressed with myself. We need to purchase a few things and since this thread was started I have managed to put 450 unto our savings account and we have about $30 in loose change as well.

Dh needs a cheap runaround car for work, we need to purchase some curtains, an upholstery cleaner and a rug. So hopefully we can gradually save for that and some extra over the next couple of months

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good work :-)
    I've got 210.63 saved in my savings account I'm not saving for anything in particular just wanting to get some back up money built up.