+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default need a new FS for IVF after few cycle fail

hi im new here. i just been so depressed after yesterday egg collection only get 3 eggs and this morning received phone call from
    IVFA Northshore told me none of them been fertilised. i had previously tried IUI around March 2015 and got cancelled due to risk of multiple pregnancy ( has around 6-7 follies size above 18 mm) then first IVF Cycle around June 2015 also got cancelled as i had ovulated too early. I have been with the same FS from IVFA but seems no luck with him. he is nice to me but seems just like trial and error and lots of my friend told me it s time to see different FS to get different opinion. Really appreaciate if any of you can recommended me any FS . cheers
    Last edited by sweetheart13; 06-08-2015 at 23:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @sweetheart13 after 6 failed transfers and a few other issues I bit the bullet and changed I'm now with dr Alison gee from Genea and I love that women lol she is absolutely amazing, at my old clinic we were collecting up to 30 eggs and having perhaps one to freeze with the explanation that's normal (mind you I was 26) dr gee picked up many small hormonal things and we got 4blasts to freeze we did pgd and 3were normal.
    I cannot recommend get enough.
    Our first clinic I was cancelled due to over 60 follicles, second clinic had three collections and 6transfers third fs was another cancelled and then I found her so it is well worth changing if ur not getting where u want to be, I was so hesitant and nervous but I couldn't happier in my decision. She is abit of a wait but well worth it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with @miissalina, go see a new FS at Genea, they are brilliant. I’ve been to 3 other clinics and none of them were as high quality as Genea. I’m not just saying this as I had success with Genea only, I never had a BFP until I saw them, but it’s mainly because they did so many things differently than the other clinics.

The main things for me was not giving me the maximum FSH dose (all the other clinics made me do 450 on Gonal F or Puregon), I injected 262.5 and then had a boost injecting Luveris. I believe high dosage of FSH significantly reduces the quality of my already very poor quality eggs.

My FS also performed an endometrium scratch, which apparently can be successful for some women. The other main difference was doing ultrasound-guided ET. All my previous transfers were done ‘blind’, where they just inserted the embryo and hoped for the best. When Genea did my ET, they could tell my tube was a bit bendy and I had to drink more water to raise it a bit, which gave my FS a better spot to transfer. If this wasn’t done via ultrasound, who knows if we were going to be pregnant or not.

I was also treated for thyroid issues and pre-diabetes. Plus I lost a few kilos along the way. All these things combined helped me to where I am today, all thanks to Genea. None of my 3 previous clinics did anything to try and help me get pregnant, they just kept doing the same old thing with no change in result, or just told me to give up and go use donor egg or adopt (which are both great options, but obviously an easy way out for them as they couldn’t be bothered helping me).

Genea are the best IMO as they were the only clinic to truly help me. I hope you find success soon too, best of wishes xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks so much for both of your input miissalina and AceofBase. i will definetely considered genea. i will be 33 yrs old this year and been with my FS told me that me and my partner has no issue thus he just keep adjusting our dose from one cycle to another without even investigate further the issue. i have been told that egg was not fertilised yesterday and the scientist told me that i need to contact my FS as he wanted me to see him asap. ended up talking to his receptionist who was has no clue whatsoever and asked me what the reason for my appoinment. i did not get appoinment right away and i cant contact my FS nor his nurse right away and need to wait to see him for about couple of days. cheers
    Last edited by sweetheart13; 07-08-2015 at 08:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You're FS wants to see you ASAP but you can't get in for a few days? That's frustrating. I hope he has some answers for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @sweetheart13 I would be rather un happy with that response, I have always received a call back from my fs if I have requested to speak to her at both this clinic and my last, the male fs I used on my first cancelled cycle didn't call me back usually took a few days , I didn't like that. Hope you get some answers and get ur take home Bub soon 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks so much for all
    of your support. it was very emotionally for me on the weekend. late fertilisation and kind of giving us hope but they fail to grow. met with my FS on saturday was not very happy as he told me that i should be on gonal f 150 instead of 100 thus produced more eggs and give me higher chance. he also couldnt find hubby last semen test in his file. however keep suggesting us to move to next cycle. Now i just wanna moved on and going to book appoinment with genea. still not sure between dr derek lok, alison gee or helen peric. we are living at north shore but work in the city. any recommendation. Miissalina has reccomended Alison Gee also i have read lots of
    good things about her. maybe tomorrow i will book with her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I know you are keen to move to a different clinic but if you are willing to give IVFA another shot. I would strongly recommend my FS, DrMangat. My first IVF wasn't too successful because of male factor and poor responder with low eggs number. I did get 2 blasts out of it. When I had the first chemical, she was proactive enough to test me all sort of things. Minor immune issue was picked up so was put on immune treatment for my FET. Both blast ended in chemical but for a different reason -- probably chromosome problem. On my second fresh cycle, she changed me to a completely different med and protocol given that I wasn't responding well with gonal-f. I again wasn't a good responder but did get more eggs than last. I got few blastocysts again and it is a success. She is a very well rounded FS and reachable whenever I had questions. I did interstate and she is the only reason I stay with IVFA. All the best.