+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    😂😂😂

have you had any glasses of wine whilst pregnant? a lot of ladies I know will have a sip of their husbands/partners glass which I think is totally understandable. once I'm out of the first (worst) trimester I'll prob have the occasional sip too.

as someone who drinks fairly regularly otherwise, I must say the forced break from wine is refreshing. I'm enjoying it. but I also miss it. a glass tonight would've gone down a treat.

chocolate will have to suffice!!
    I had 1/2 glass if champers at a friends engagement party back in March. And 1/2 glass of pear cider in June for my bday. It would kill me to stop at 1/2 glass of my favourite wine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't drink but my family is full on boozo's. The limit is fine it's the people that need to follow it. And the police need to police it more if it's so 'dangerous' at this level.

I would feel completely safe getting in car with my dad (who is a functioning alcoholic) but if I got in the car with someone else who was over limit after dinner I would feel anxious. I hope that makes sense and doesn't sound silly? Like because he has built up so much tolerance to the alcohol. So 0.05 wouldn't be his limit anymore... Anyway! I sound confusing haahha!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post
    Hehe I won't forget the time I went into the one of the birth suite rooms at work to do some postnatal obs (she hadn't even been for a shower yet!) and the couple were sitting there sipping their sparkling from their plastic champagne glasses.

i was like ummmm..... Not to sure what the policy is on this, but I'll come back in say half an hour!

Still haven't checked the policy - sometimes ignorance is bliss!
    that's a cute visual image actually.

my sister gave birth and her dh went and helped himself to a beer (there was a communal refreshments fridge apparently) and she asked him to grab her a wine! I was like you're not serious are you. turns out she didn't have the wine but I was a bit shocked she was even thinking about a drink.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hehe I won't forget the time I went into the one of the birth suite rooms at work to do some postnatal obs (she hadn't even been for a shower yet!) and the couple were sitting there sipping their sparkling from their plastic champagne glasses.

i was like ummmm..... Not to sure what the policy is on this, but I'll come back in say half an hour!

Still haven't checked the policy - sometimes ignorance is bliss!
    My private hospitals serves wine with dinner and there is a bottle of sparkling in your mini fridge when you get your room after Bub appears earthside.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    My private hospitals serves wine with dinner and there is a bottle of sparkling in your mini fridge when you get your room after Bub appears earthside.
    that sounds like my kind of hospital!!

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Nah cocktails!! Especially those delicious fruity ones where you're questioning whether or not they actually put the alcohol in - until you stand up to go to the loo!
    Either or.

Or both

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Nah cocktails!! Especially those delicious fruity ones where you're questioning whether or not they actually put the alcohol in - until you stand up to go to the loo!
    Yup I know what you mean! They do not taste alcoholic. I ordered a mocktail when I was pregnant, sculled it back, stood up and realised that they had had my mocktail mixed up someone else's cocktail. I was pretty drunk. And no overly happy...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Tell me more about this hospital. Communal beer fridge sounds like my kinda place to work.
    I was shocked too! pleasantly surprised is probably a better word for it though. I had no idea hospitals stocked (and indirectly encouraged) alcohol consumption!

this was a private hospital in wa. I'm in Vic and going public so doubt there'll be any little fancy extras waiting for me in my room 😆

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1438948939.223848.jpg

Reason #437 why I don't have my license this is glass number 3.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks for making people that enjoy alcoholic drinks feel like second-class citizens.

I don't see anything wrong with enjoying alcohol responsibly - a lot of posters on here need to stop making people feel bad for that
    Ease up, that is completely twisting what I said. Completely. Maybe go back and read my first two responses as well. I love a drink. I was out for dinner tonight and had a wine and drove home. In a wonderful twist, a friend I was with was done for DUI last week, totally not someone I would ever have picked that to happen to. And rest assured, there was absolutely zero judgment from me towards her.

I have never once inferred that anyone who drinks is a second class citizen. I simply made the point that drinking in this country is a huge part of our culture, we're not a dry nation. It was certainly not intended as a slur on anyone. Jesus, I have a few wines almost every Friday and Saturday night, I'd be incredibly hypocritical to make that inference!

Furthermore, I actually noted that it's people like *me* who are the problem. So if I'm being snarky at anyone, it's at myself.
    Last edited by Moxy; 08-08-2015 at 00:29.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (08-08-2015),harvs  (08-08-2015),~Marigold~  (08-08-2015)