+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    We bought a lovely Boori bassinet that is really long. DS2 was in it a handful of times. Since birth we have co-slept. I also have a cot in my room that he won't sleep in
    Exactly the same here...

Thanks
    Reviews
    We're expecting twins (being induced tomorrow!) and got 2 Boori Urbane bassinets 2nd hand ($180 for both) to go beside my side of the bed, at least for the first couple of months.

Our room isn't big, so we took out the bedside tables and pushed the bed as far over to the other side of the room as we could to fit it in. I'll take a pic a bit later to show you if you like?

Obviously we haven't actually tried the set up out yet but like @meredithgrey said, I couldn't handle the thought of having to go into another room every 2 hours to feed, especially in the middle of winter, so we will do our best to make it work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Perhaps you could hire 2 bassinets for a few weeks? I have had great experiences with baby hire companys. My bubs sleep in my room for the first few months until night feeds have settled down a bit. It is very difficult to predict what you will want to do before baby is even born. For example you might be surprised by the strong urge to want to be physically close to your babies. It's hard to explain but when my first baby was born I just had to be in the same room as him. If there was no way for him to sleep in my room then I would have slept on the floor in his room until I felt more comfortable being a few rooms away.
    Oh and I would not advise sleeping baby in a pram overnight. Cots have many safety standards that they have to meet. Prams are not tested as a long term environment for babies to sleep in unsupervised. I would think that the airflow would be much reduced compared to a cot or even bassinet.
    Good luck finding a solution that works. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have advice about twins but my DD was in a cot in her own room from day 1. We have a really small house and used a baby monitor to be sure we heard her . Apart from looking sooooo tiny in her cot she was fine! I had a cesarean and was fine about getting up to her as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My friend has twins and her bub's sleep together in the cot during the day and at night they sleep in their own basinett. I think she got them second hand. The bassinets are in her room, close enough to the bed so she can rock them with her foot if need be ☺

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you do decide to put them in their own room I found a snuza alarm was great for peace of mind. It fits on the nappy and monitors breathing and I found it great once I moved ds1 into his own room at 2 months. As the other posters have said though, night feeding is a pain when they are in a diff room and ds would end up in our bed more often than I wanted just so I could get some sleep.