+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Daily:
    In the morning; Unpack dishwasher, put a load of washing on. If there's washing in the dryer, sort and put away. Make beds.
    After lunch; Stack dishwasher, quick vac with the dyson stick. Tidy toys.
    After dinner; dishwasher/dishes, put clothes dryer on if need be. Tidy up clutter/toys. Take bins out.
    Mid week: Mop floors during ds's nap.
    Saturday; Change sheets/towels, clean bathrooms, clean mirrors, dust, mop again if needed.
    Groundhog day in terms of cleaning but if I don't do it everyday it piles up and I get totally swamped. Plus my little dude is super messy so I have to stay on top of it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Koarlo For This Useful Post:

bigZ  (07-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Wow I didn't realise people actually had designated days of the week that they do things?

No judgements but .... Wow.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

bigZ  (07-08-2015),Lincolns mummy  (07-08-2015),MsViking  (09-08-2015),PinkPopsicle  (07-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Every day - vacuum floors, tidy and wipe down kitchen, make beds, tidy toys at the end of the day, give bathroom a quick wipe over if it needs it.

Monday - washing
    Tuesday - dusting
    Wednesday - bathroom and laundry
    Thursday - more washing
    Friday - not a lot as I work so just the daily things
    Saturday - mop floors and change bed linen
    Sunday - clean fridge and kitchen then grocery shopping and cooking

Other big jobs like cleaning Venetian blinds, windows etc. are just whenever I have time.

I am mainly at home with DD I work 2 half days per week. I find that having a schedule means I do a little bit each day and it never takes me hours, plus the house is always more or less tidy which is good as we have family over a lot.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MillieMollyMandy For This Useful Post:

bigZ  (07-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    **** man....
    I should use a schedule. I'm going to put clothes in the dryer though just because I read this post!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MonkeyMumma For This Useful Post:

bigZ  (07-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I do things as they need doing. No schedule here

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following User Says Thank You to munchkin275 For This Useful Post:

bigZ  (07-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Wow I didn't realise people actually had designated days of the week that they do things?

I'm not a naturally clean and tidy person. My house was a mess. I put mine in place in April and I've found it so much more manageable. I'm no longer ashamed if people drop in and see y house.

I'm really not looking forward to going back to work in October and having it disturbed. Just having me routines disrupted the past couple of weeks has meant that my house is disgusting again.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to smallpotatoes For This Useful Post:

bigZ  (07-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm not a naturally organised or tidy person. I tend to get distracted or I'll have one bad day, then things pile up and I don't even know where to start. Once it gets to a point where there is a lot to do, I put it off even more because I know it's going to take a long time to do and I feel like I don't have time. It's partially my personality I think but mainly it's related to depression and feeling like I suck at everything anyway so why bother (and then having a messy house makes me more depressed, vicious cycle).

Having designated days of the week to do things and giving myself a list of jobs each day makes it easier and saves my sanity. Now that I'm in a routine and have established habits, things don't get on top of me so easily.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DarcyJ For This Useful Post:

bigZ  (07-08-2015),smallpotatoes  (07-08-2015),VicPark  (07-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a super neat freak and just do things as they need doing Having said that there's only 3 of us in the house so it's never too chaotic. I really hate cleaning the bathroom though...that one gets put off as long as possible!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to amcyus For This Useful Post:

bigZ  (07-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I'm a list person. If it's on my list I will definitely do it. Otherwise it gets lost by the wayside. This way my house stays neat and tidy. I also have scheduled down time so I'm happy to do jobs knowing I can chill out another time.

I write lists in my diary for every day. Even record if I want to have a nap or not.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

bigZ  (07-08-2015),VicPark  (07-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't! Weekends are for washing due to school uniforms. As for the rest of it, it gets done when I have the time or motivation, so no routine at all and most of it doesn't get done regularly 😱

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ICanDream For This Useful Post:

bigZ  (07-08-2015)