+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Probiotics for toddler

After having so many antibiotics lately I have started giving Mr 17month old probiotics.for those that do give probiotics, how do u know That it is improving gut health??? Are there tell tale signs?

Sent from my C6903 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    My kids are older but when they were younger and got sick enough for ABs, their diet usually took a downward turn so the signs were stinky, runny bowel movements and gas and rumbling tummies or complaints of "squishy" tummies. As they got better, I found the probiotics helped clear them up more quickly while their diet took a bit longer to get back to normal. Firmer BMs, less gas and less "squishy" tummies also meant they went back to a normal diet pretty easily. I don't use probiotics routinely when they are well as they are both good eaters.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Probiotics for toddler

I regularly give my daughter either homemade sauerkraut mixed into mash potatoes. Or some homemade milk kefir mixed into a milkshake/smoothie.

Sauerkraut is super simple to make- there are heaps of recipes on Google. The starter culture for milk kefir can be bought from health food shops. It's in a small blue box.

Both are full of probiotics and I feel like they are the 'safer' option for kids (and adults) because they are natural.