+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJaq View Post
    Just so you know too, Medela make differnt size breast flanges too, so if you feel like the funnel part is not a good fit for your nipple, it may be worthwhile getting another size. Good luck. Ps the ABA website has good info about storing expressed kilk too if you need it.
    This for sure, I was using one to small and only getting a 30ml maybe.
    Got the right sized shield and bam easy 100ml. I even experimented between the two

2. The Following User Says Thank You to maternidade For This Useful Post:

JustJaq  (06-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    All great advice from previous posts.
    But just so you know. Some woman can breastfeed really successfully but never get much milk from expressing too.
    I expressed for many many months. ..and initially only got about 30mls.
    The most I ever pumped was about 120mls.
    So don't get too stressed if you don't get much milk to start with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much ladies for your help. I woke up at 3:50 am today and expressed 75 ml from my right breast in 30 mins and 55 ml from my left breast in another 30 mins. I was so excited to see the bottle filling up!

My right breast is my baby's favourite side. I was just wondering if it's possible to just feed her from that side all day and pump from the other at every other feeding (to build up a stockpile); and perhaps switch sides each day. Any thoughts on this?

Can I just add that when I pumped milk this morning, my right breast was hard and leaking. Hence it was a relatively easy pumping session for this newbie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MumToMiki View Post
    Thank you so much ladies for your help. I woke up at 3:50 am today and expressed 75 ml from my right breast in 30 mins and 55 ml from my left breast in another 30 mins. I was so excited to see the bottle filling up!

My right breast is my baby's favourite side. I was just wondering if it's possible to just feed her from that side all day and pump from the other at every other feeding (to build up a stockpile); and perhaps switch sides each day. Any thoughts on this?

Can I just add that when I pumped milk this morning, my right breast was hard and leaking. Hence it was a relatively easy pumping session for this newbie.
    Babies are more efficient at draining the breast that a pump so it's good to mix it up vs having a set feed boob and pump boob. If you want to stockpile just pump at the same time every day but not when Bub feeds . Over time you gain that extra 'feed' and consequently more milk is produced.