+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    About $300-400 all up. Always at home, I order invites via vistaprint and make my own cake, food, lolly bags and buy cheap decorations. Always themed and we have 40-75 ppl attending.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How much do you spend on your kids birthday parties?

Too much lol. I only say that because I think it's going to come to something and it always seems to be more. We do ours at home or at a park.

Probably around 100-150 or so in decorations, including plates, tablecloths and gift bags.

20-30 on invites.

Probably around 200-250 for food including cake.

Ours is a joint birthday this year and that's what I'm expecting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My eldest isn't even 3 yet, so I can't fully predict what we'll do. I can't see spending over $100, unless they want specific things that would cost more, in which case I imagine that the party would also be their present for that year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    I never completely add it up. Last year DS1 turned 5 and we had a big party. The jumping castle was $180 to hire. DF bought superhero plates and cups and I made capes to give the kids instead of lolly bags then there was food but overall it would have been less than 500.

All of our parties have been at home or a relative's house and outside

Thanks
    Reviews
    We budget around $300

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't really have a budget.
    DD just had her second birthday and I would have spent around $500

Thanks
    Reviews
    No more than a few hundred though it depends what we do and where we have it. My sons 1st birthday which was in April we had it at a bistro (we hired a room) and ended up paying $1000. We payed for everyone's meals, hired the room, drinks etc. we payed half with dp's parents. My 8 year old has her birthday at a playcentre which cost $200. My sons birthday was last week and he had it at home and had a friend stay over so that cost very little ( had pizza and cake) and my eldest daughters birthday in October I think she wants to go horse riding with her friend. Not sure how much it will cost.

Parties don't need to cost heaps. If the kids are happy to see a movie, go bowling etc with a friend or two or have a small party/sleep over at home it shouldn't cost heaps. Next year my 6 year old has already said he wants a footy party where you wear your favourite footy team clothes/colours

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDrakeRamoray View Post
    No more than a few hundred though it depends what we do and where we have it. My sons 1st birthday which was in April we had it at a bistro (we hired a room) and ended up paying $1000. We payed for everyone's meals, hired the room, drinks etc. we payed half with dp's parents. My 8 year old has her birthday at a playcentre which cost $200. My sons birthday was last week and he had it at home and had a friend stay over so that cost very little ( had pizza and cake) and my eldest daughters birthday in October I think she wants to go horse riding with her friend. Not sure how much it will cost.

Parties don't need to cost heaps. If the kids are happy to see a movie, go bowling etc with a friend or two or have a small party/sleep over at home it shouldn't cost heaps. Next year my 6 year old has already said he wants a footy party where you wear your favourite footy team clothes/colours
    All the came up in the preview of your post was 'No more than a few hundred tho'. I had to click to find out what you spent a few hundred thousand on. So disappointed!