+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How much do you spend on your kids birthday parties?

How much do you spend? Wondering if im the norm or over the top.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

Wise Enough  (05-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I grew up having parties in the backyard,and I loved it. I have always done it for my kids because I love planning parties. I hate venues... I know they have money to make but I always think it's waaaayyyy to expensive. Having said that I spend way too long planning my kids party. I plan 6months in advance and buy stuff very week. So kinda hard to say. I would say with games,prizes, food and drink, decorations. Probably $300?
    Last edited by *Chels*; 04-08-2015 at 21:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    My son's birthday party was last Sunday week and all up it cost me less than $500 (not including cake). It was at a playcentre and that includes entry for kids, kids' food, drinks and food for parents.

Then it was $180 for the batman cake.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default How much do you spend on your kids birthday parties?

Quote Originally Posted by *Chels* View Post
    I grew up having parties in the backyard,and I loved it. I have always done it for my kids because I love planning parties. I hate venues... I know they have money to make but I always think it's waaaayyyy to expensive. Having said that I spend way too long planning my kids party. I plan 6months in advance and buy stuff very week. So kinda hard to say. I would say with games,prizes, food and drink, decorations. Probably $300?
    Whenever I have parties at home, I always spend so much more money than having it at a venue, plus I don't have to clean up

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Ashram  (05-08-2015),Gracie's Mum  (04-08-2015),LaDiDah  (05-08-2015),Ruby_Tuesday15  (05-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    According to DH too much! But I justify it because we only have 1 child and we invite our friends and family as well as DS friends and make it a huge party , I spend most of it on food and decorations/costumes , last year was the most expensive so far as I hired out a whole play centre for 3 hours but we ended up with 40 adults and 20 kids and it was tons of fun

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

*Chels*  (04-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Whenever I have parties at home, I always spend so much more money than having it at a venue, plus I don't have to clean up
    I prefer parties at home... yeah I have a clean up but I love interacting with the kids...running all the games and having a chat with them. And all the money I spend is going directly to the kids. that's just my opinion

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would spend about $200 for a combined party at home. This year my cousin made the cake but last year I spent $140 on 2 cakes. The last 2 years we have done the same thing.
    We have about 40 family (mostly adults).... Crackers and dip. Fairy bread. Fruit. Pizzas. Cake. Party decorations of course.

Next year will be similar - probably combined for all 3 since they are within 2 weeks. I think ds will get his first "friends" party aswell, and it will either be at a park or bowling (as bowling is only $16pp with no minimim number!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    this. when planning something at home I seem to spend way more than I want to. my budget is $500 usually but we always cater for the adults as well as in our group it's the norm..i just can't stand the mess at home.. my backyard isn't that big and I usually end up with a mess both inside and out. plus in whole - im not much of a people person. I am moody and if I have a party at home after a little while people just start to irritate me for no reason. we have friends that stay for hours - like well into the evening and by then I feel ferral inside. all I want to do is curl up with a book!!

plus even tho dh helps it still feels like I am doing some sort of running around. I'd rather pay thru the nose at a venue than bother giving myself a headache over it. lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I must be a tight ****. I tend to spend around the 100 mark. Parties are always at park or beach. The kids get a option for a party or doing something fun with one or 2 friends.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

*Chels*  (04-08-2015)

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    depends.

sometimes its not much, other times it has been more. I only have 1 so feel like I can justify spending what I want to give her a party.

One year we had it in the park with 25 or so other kids ... but that was WAY too much for me

since then we have had a Hungry Jacks party, a play centre party or two, and this year she did pottery painting party which was great. It was $25 pp and they supplied the food, a leader, a peice of pottery for the girls to paint and a little play area for once they had finished.

She had 9 friends so it was $250. Plys $45 for a cake (she was happy with a chocolate cake with "Happy Birthday Katie" on it from our local bakery with some shopkins added on top to decorate)

was super easy.

next year she wants iceskating.

I have always offered either a party or a sleepover. A party at a playcentre she can have 9-10 friends, or a sleepover she can have 3. She has always chosen the party