I have been advised that I have a low-lying placenta. It is currently less than 1cm from my cervix. My doctor told me if it doesn't move I will most likely have an elective c section at 38 weeks.
I am absolutely petrified of a c section, any kind of medical procedure terrifies me.
I had so many questions to ask but I just felt like crying so didn't want to push myself over the edge.
I am hoping I may be able to get some answers before my next check up to help calm my nerves a little. My questions are:
1. Will my placenta move? What is the likelihood of it moving?
2. Will I have the option of epidural/general anesthetic. (I have never been under so I'm petrified I may have a reaction)
3. Will I still be able to delayed cord clamp with a c section?
4. Will the hospital give me birth options for an elective c section? Will I get skin to skin time? I don't want my birth to be wham bam thank you mam.
5. Will the hospital allow me to have a scan at 37 weeks (before they schedule a c section) to definitely make sure it's necessary.
I think that's all for now.