+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Early Labour or Still Braxton Hicks?

Argh... I am so desperate to be in labour!

40w 3d. Had a S&S on the day of 40w. Lost a bit of mucous plug. Have been having BH contractions throughout pregnancy (this is the first time I've had them and it's child #3) but I have also been BF throughout this pregnancy too.

Today I've been having contractions that I've been tracking and I'm averaging 4 per hour. They are around the 34-40 sec mark in duration but are still pretty differing in length. They come no matter what I've been doing, sitting, standing, walking around.

But it's been 4 hours and pretty much the same thing. This is child number 3... should I stop holding my breath? Is this just BH still or start of early labour!?

This time is so different from my last....

I have an induction booked for next Tuesday that I'd really rather not have to attend....

Please have good news for me....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I was always told if they dont ease with panadol and a warm bath/shower, its more than likely proper contractions not BH. From what you have described it sounds like early labour to me!

Fwiw my contractions were always varied in duration.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does sound a bit like very very early labour. Which could easily ramp up or cease entirely.

The rule is generally that you are not in labour until you are having 3 contractions in 10 minutes that are lasting at least 30 seconds, or until you are 3/4cm dilated.

Best of luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had BH throughout my second pregnancy, but from the day I ticked over 40 weeks I had really strong BH that would come every 5 mins all day and night, lasting 45-60 seconds. I got to 40+5 before they suddenly got more intense and closer together. Baby arrived 2hrs later.

So I guess you can't predict what will happen - but I'm sure you'll definitely know when it starts to progress lol. Best of luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Agree with being prepared for things to intensify rapidly! With dd3 i was uncomfortable (weeks of strong BH but no contractions), noticed my plug after dh and I dtd (still no contractions), then all of a sudden my waters broke with a massive contraction (1st obe) and they werw coming 1 on top of the other. Dd3 was born half an hour later! Only just made it to the hospital a few blocks away. Definitely was not prepared for it to happen that quickly!