+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 67 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    I never use the cream of mushroom in lamb obsession. I tried it the first time and thought it was way to rich and just blah. I always make it with cream of chicken now and think it tastes soooo much better.
    Well I made the full sauce batch up then divided in two and put one batch in the freezer and one in the slow cooker with 2 lamb chops and sausages for the girls because dd1 won't eat lamb, and threw in a potato each. It was a winner. Just enough sauce too.

The real test will the the creamy chicken. Dd1 has decided she is going to be fussy and not eat chicken either.

Plus I have a new slow cooker that cooks really fast. My old one cooked ultra slow so I'm relearning cooking times as well

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

HeavenBlue  (14-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    Well I made the full sauce batch up then divided in two and put one batch in the freezer and one in the slow cooker with 2 lamb chops and sausages for the girls because dd1 won't eat lamb, and threw in a potato each. It was a winner. Just enough sauce too.

The real test will the the creamy chicken. Dd1 has decided she is going to be fussy and not eat chicken either.

Plus I have a new slow cooker that cooks really fast. My old one cooked ultra slow so I'm relearning cooking times as well
    Is it the Kambrook? I went from 30+ year old crock pot to the Kambrook and boy was there a difference. Safe to say I burned a few things at first!

Glad the meal was a hit! Always a good thing! Fingers crossed for the creamy garlic chicken tomorrow. I know my DS demolished it!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (14-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    No Russell Hobbs 6l sear and cook one.

Cooks potatoes amazingly. My old kenwood one always left them hard and with a funny taste even after 8 hours on high and the warm function on that one never seemed to get warm enough. This one is quite hot still on warm.

Eta: so glad that photo turned out OK and no reflections considering it has a slight hazy reflection being stainless. I'm walking around in an oversized top only. Oops
    Attached Images
    Last edited by DesperatelySeekingSleep; 14-01-2016 at 20:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    No Russell Hobbs 6l sear and cook one.

Cooks potatoes amazingly. My old kenwood one always left them hard and with a funny taste even after 8 hours on high and the warm function on that one never seemed to get warm enough. This one is quite hot still on warm.

Eta: so glad that photo turned out OK and no reflections considering it has a slight hazy reflection being stainless. I'm walking around in an oversized top only. Oops
    My old crock pot was doing the same. Not getting hot enough. The Kambrook cooks nicely but has no keep warm function so I may be adding something similar to yours to my sc collection soon!!

Lucky for brushed finishes!! Hehe could have been a tad embarrassing!

hakuna matata is offline The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Meatballs to turn into spaghetti and meatballs for DHs lunches

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Honey soy chicken legs that I deboned and turned into a chicken chow mien style meal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I have the creamy garlic chicken in. Im beginning to think this slow cooker is playing games with me. I put it on and set it for 2 hours on low thinking since it cooks fast that should be OK. Nope. Still raw. Turned it on high now for another hour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the creamy garlic chicken in. Im beginning to think this slow cooker is playing games with me. I put it on and set it for 2 hours on low thinking since it cooks fast that should be OK. Nope. Still raw. Turned it on high now for another hour.
    Recipe? ( hope it cooks!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    Attachment 77195
    Attachment 77196
    Attachment 77197

If you wanted to read any further just go to the site and search creamy garlic chicken and this should be the first recipe to pop up.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    Recipe? ( hope it cooks!)
    This is the one. It's cooked now. It's OK. Not a huge wow omg but I left the mushrooms out because I can't stand them. I'm guessing it is something that would do fantastically with them if you like mushrooms. I would do it again though and add more garlic and probably some broccoli towards the end. It would be great to use as a base to customize. Definitely not a bad dish. I would compare it to a cheesy leek and potato soup in flavour.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

HeavenBlue  (20-01-2016),LoveLivesHere  (15-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I had to leave early today so asked ďd2 to put the chicken and a few onions and a kilo or so of potatoes in the slow cooker for me. I reminded her to take of the meat juice pad etc.

I get this text.
    How do you cut up onions. I am crying. My eyez Burn like the winchechester's mum

I don't know who that is but they must have hurt.
    She had cut the top of one onion. :/ the poor thing wiped her eye after cutting it. So we ended up with one onion and no potatoes.
    Oh well she tried and dinner was still yummy.