+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 67 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    Did you use the Chinese chicken & corn soup pkt?

Just asking as it's one of those items I imagine might be a little hard to find (I could be wrong!)?
    Yes it's the cup of soup packet like LLH says. It's a lots of noodles one but the noodles disintegrate into nothing and help thicken it all up.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi  (07-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    A leg of lamb covered in @BornToBe 's curry sauce. House smells amazing! ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1452374408.477592.jpg

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CakeyMumma For This Useful Post:

BornToBe  (10-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Mexican chicken for tortillas.

Chicken strips, onion, red and green capsicum with Mexican spices and salsa sauce on auto for 6 last hour with the lid off. Served with sour cream and grated cheese.
    It twas very yummy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Mongolian beef today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Sweet lamb curry. I'm excited to try this one as it's supposed to be one of the top 5 most popular recipes on the SCC site. I think it just may live up to its hype as even the raw ingredients I just put into the SC smell good!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

CakeyMumma  (13-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Roast beef with potatoes and carrots.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so impressed with your slow cooker use @HeavenBlue !

I've made sweet and sour chicken and a Thai peanut chicken the past 2 nights. I'm not planning on using it much (apart from maybe sides) for then next week or two, but I just got the food shopping delivered so am about to do a couple of dump bags and freeze of honey soy chicken.

I just got a second freezer and mostly thanks to my slow cooker I've got about 30 meals worth in there. Some cooked and just need defrosting and reheating, others are dump bags. I'm looking forward to a couple of months of minimal cooking after DS3 is born soon.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shani2 For This Useful Post:

HeavenBlue  (13-01-2016),LoveLivesHere  (13-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by shani2 View Post
    I'm so impressed with your slow cooker use @HeavenBlue !

I've made sweet and sour chicken and a Thai peanut chicken the past 2 nights. I'm not planning on using it much (apart from maybe sides) for then next week or two, but I just got the food shopping delivered so am about to do a couple of dump bags and freeze of honey soy chicken.

I just got a second freezer and mostly thanks to my slow cooker I've got about 30 meals worth in there. Some cooked and just need defrosting and reheating, others are dump bags. I'm looking forward to a couple of months of minimal cooking after DS3 is born soon.
    Thank you but for me it's mostly out of necessity! Firstly my DS has been super clingy and won't let me prepare anything let alone cook and secondly it's been so hot.... We don't have air con and we have one of those big gas stoves so it literally gets too hot inside to cook so I chuck stuff in the slow cooker and let it cook outside.

I'm equally impressed with your effort!! I've been telling DP we need a big freezer so I can do the same!! Would make life so much easier!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

shani2  (13-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    Thank you but for me it's mostly out of necessity! Firstly my DS has been super clingy and won't let me prepare anything let alone cook and secondly it's been so hot.... We don't have air con and we have one of those big gas stoves so it literally gets too hot inside to cook so I chuck stuff in the slow cooker and let it cook outside.

I'm equally impressed with your effort!! I've been telling DP we need a big freezer so I can do the same!! Would make life so much easier!!
    It's seriously the most awesome thing I have ever bought. Kept my eye out on gumtree and eventually found a stand up one (as opposed to the chest ones) for $150 and only about 3 yrs old!! So stoked, and the guy had 4 calls after mine and realised he'd underpriced it but didn't mind as he just wanted it gone as they didn't need it. And despite all that food in there, I've still got 2 1/2 shelves full so going to go on a baking fest for the kids

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by shani2 View Post
    It's seriously the most awesome thing I have ever bought. Kept my eye out on gumtree and eventually found a stand up one (as opposed to the chest ones) for $150 and only about 3 yrs old!! So stoked, and the guy had 4 calls after mine and realised he'd underpriced it but didn't mind as he just wanted it gone as they didn't need it. And despite all that food in there, I've still got 2 1/2 shelves full so going to go on a baking fest for the kids
    I'm so incredibly envious! I love doing massive cooks/bakes and freezing. All that spare space!!

😂 The things we get excited over! Imagine if our high school selves heard what we were talking about!