+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 4 month old moving around cot

My DD is 4 months old and sleeps in a love to dream swaddle. The last couple of nights she has been moving around the cot and I am worried she will get the blankets over/near her face. She has also just started rolling over.
    What have other people done in the situation?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Ruby, my DD is 5 months and I moved her from a love to dream swaddle to now she wears a singlet, wondersuit and a 2.5 tog winter sleeping bag. There are no blankets or anything in the cot. Her startle reflex is gone and she sleeps fine like this :-)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bel2466 For This Useful Post:

MrsSS  (04-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Agree, switch out the blankets for a sleeping bag, and release the arms from the LTD.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have used rolling as the timing for my boys to come out of swaddles and go into normal sleeping bags. Might be an adjustment for a day or two but you'll get there. And ditch the extra blankets and make sure you go by the clothing suggestions with the sleeping bag

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    As pp's have said, it's time to move onto the sleeping bag. My dd2 is 5mths and she is on the go, whilst she loves the love to dream (we have the one that arms zip off) it's just too risky at night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely sleeping bag time. I called the SIDS helpline for advice when ds started rolling around and they said it is the safest option by far. Time to go shopping!

Some of the mothers in my mothers group used bumpers which when I asked the helpline about them, they were somewhat horrified and said they should be illegal. Big hazard to little ones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a first timer with an almost 3 month old - can someone explain why the LTD without arms isn't ok but a sleeping bag is? Genuine question as my DS really settles well with his LTD and I'm about to upgrade him to the next size with the removable arms. Is it worth not making this purchase? Maybe I should wait and just get a sleeping bag?
    He isn't close to rolling yet but does wriggle a lot. TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not familiar with the LTD I'm afraid. If you call the SIDS helpline they are very helpful and would be familiar with all the products out there.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Olive Oil For This Useful Post:

monkeymama  (05-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeymama View Post
    I'm a first timer with an almost 3 month old - can someone explain why the LTD without arms isn't ok but a sleeping bag is? Genuine question as my DS really settles well with his LTD and I'm about to upgrade him to the next size with the removable arms. Is it worth not making this purchase? Maybe I should wait and just get a sleeping bag?
    He isn't close to rolling yet but does wriggle a lot. TIA
    I had the LTD and now during the day we use the LTD with removable arms, night time 2.5tog sleeping bag.

My dd2 is 5mths and at 3mths she was fine in the LTD.

I think you'll find that once baby starts moving around and rolling they need arms free to push themselves up and around. If baby rolls in the night and in the LTD no arms then they will not be able to roll back or stable themselves to breathe properly.

I use mine for daytime sleeps as its warmer where I am, but you could most definitely just go up to the sleeping bag. Sleeping bags usually go from 0-6, 6-12 etc etc so you get a lot more wear out of them too.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsSS For This Useful Post:

monkeymama  (05-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Olive Oil View Post
    Definitely sleeping bag time. I called the SIDS helpline for advice when ds started rolling around and they said it is the safest option by far. Time to go shopping!

Some of the mothers in my mothers group used bumpers which when I asked the helpline about them, they were somewhat horrified and said they should be illegal. Big hazard to little ones.
    When you say bumpers do you mean bumpers around the cot or like wedges that bub sleeps between?