+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I used your method yesterdsy and it kept his arms very secure. So it was a nice lite trick thanks. However still same problem of bubs trying to escape. We had a nightmare of a night last night because he was trying to break free every 45 mins😕

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Have you considered using a love to dream swaddle? They can still put their arms up but can only go so high.
    Im also using an ergococoon swaddle which allows you to tuck their arms in or allow them to be out. My bub will start stirring in the night if she has her arms tucked in, so i leave the arm holes open so she can slowly get them out, then when she starts stirring herself because they are out, i will then put them back in the arm holes so they are back inside the swaddle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks curlybird I have put him back in the ergo cocoon so might try leaving the buttons undone. I do have the love to dream swaddels but hr has a bad startle reflex so i think its a little too early for that. I guess i just have to ride it out and eait for the newborn phase to pass😩. Appreciat all the suggestions

Thanks
    Reviews
    I sympathise, my baby just won't swaddle, gets distressed if he is swaddled and then is constantly fighting his way out of the swaddle. I am lucky in that when he is unsettled can see him startle but his startle reflex doesn't seem to wake him up. I have more or less given up on swaddling now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Traditional swaddeling

I have always swaddled with arms up. I've also used the Lovw To Dream swaddles.

If Bub escapes easily, you can try using a bassinet flat sheet, or as they get older, a cot sheet.

A midwife showed me that trick and it worked a treat for my ds2.

Keep persisting, it took a few weeks for my kids to get the hang of the swaddles but without it they woke up after every sleep cycle. Even if you swaddle and then give cuddles (if Bub still is wanting to feel you close by).

Good luck x