+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    That is very strange indeed, I would push him for specific reasons why you need to wait.
    I'm with IVFA and my FS just suggested we wait 12 months to enjoy the baby. The only condition was I had to stop breastfeeding and have my periods return.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thank you!

Thank you so much for your replies ladies! It seems I might just have a very conservative FS. I would feel a bit bad changing FS given he did help us conceive our DD. I will take your advice and book an appointment to discuss why he wants us to wait given I had a healthy vaginal delivery and am in good health otherwise. If he is unwilling to provide a good rationale but won't budge on his decision, I will change FS. I better book quickly in case I need to get on someone else's waiting list though! Thanks again- I feel so much more positive now! I'll let you know how I go!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sultana For This Useful Post:

Grace0908  (04-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We had our FS appt last week, she said no worries we can start whenever you like! I have only just weaned DD 14 months so they want me to wait until my cycle returns, but sent us away with all the initial BT forms so as soon as that happens we can get started.
    Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did you manage to speak to your FS @Sultana?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did! He said that the 18 month thing is his personal opinion about optimising FET outcomes after pregnancy. He said he would consider doing the FET when my daughter is 12 months as long as she is fully weaned and my cycles have returned. So basically, his strong recommendation was to wait but ultimately the decision was mine. He didn't think any FS would do a FET before 12 months as it is not medically advisable for mum and bubs safety (he obviously doesn't read these forums!! Haha!). I think his reluctance has to do with the fact that I'm still reasonably young (28). I'm still thinking about what to do! Thanks for reminding me to update!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the update! Glad he'll ultimately leave it up to you.