+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default HCG level

Hi, so on Thursday I took a HPT which came up with a faint positive. I had a blood test done Friday, the test result today showed HCG level at 18. Too low to confirm pregnancy. This is test was 30days after start of last period. She said it may mean that a pregnancy tried to happen and will still get my period soon or we've miscalculated days but I know exactly when my last period was. And my cycles are always 28-31 days.

Has anyone experienced this before? Such a low HCG of 18 and it actually turn into an actual pregnancy?

The dr said if I don't get AF in a week I have to take another HPT and if positive return for more bloods.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Do another HPT now - it will likely either be a bit darker than Thursday's test, or it will be lighter or even negative. That will give you a better idea right now rather than waiting. It's possible you didn't ovulate until a few days later, or baby implanted slowly etc and things are fine. If your test is darker - it's a good indication . It's also possible that it's a chemical pregnancy, in which case your test will likely be even fainter or negative.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumsical View Post
    Do another HPT now - it will likely either be a bit darker than Thursday's test, or it will be lighter or even negative. That will give you a better idea right now rather than waiting. It's possible you didn't ovulate until a few days later, or baby implanted slowly etc and things are fine. If your test is darker - it's a good indication . It's also possible that it's a chemical pregnancy, in which case your test will likely be even fainter or negative.
    Thanks. I think I will grab another tomorrow.

What I can understand if, the test I took can only pick up on hcg as low as 15, so it must have been at least 15 on Thursday, yet it was only 18 on Friday and it should have been much higher over 24hrs later that I had the blood test.

Had cramping on and off all day. I think something tried to happen but is failing.

Thank you for your advice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I had the same level of 18, my dr said it confirms early pregnancy and my little one is now 9 months, it was just early blood test was on cycle day 30, good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How did you go?