+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was wondering this not long ago after a lady I sold my car to popped up as a suggested friend. If you have msged or emailed anyone who uses either phone number or email address on Facebook , they will come up as a suggested friend. Spun me out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I also have been wondering about this, I read an article some where about this and fb denied that it's people who search for you, however, the article did say people you have emailed and contacts from smart phones and computers where you log in could show up, as well as the information you put in , school, work place etc, also location say if you regularly check in in the same places as someone.

However, I do not have any education or places of employment listed on my fb and recently an ex colleague, 'Annie,' has been showing up in my 'people you may know' we have no friends in common, yesterday I ran into another ex colleague, who said oh that's so funny Annie was just asking about you the other day and what you were up to.
    So I'm a little bit suspicious about this I think it may be people who search for you, as this isn't the first coincidence.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Theory working on 6 deg of separation. If you don't have the school listed does one of your friends? It may figure that if you know this person who when to xyz London school you may know that person.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Apparently, the 'people you may know' suggestions can be people that have fb stalked you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes, the algorithm takes into account people who have looked for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sairz View Post
    Makes you wonder if they pick up on things said via the microphone or something..
    I know I've talked about a certain product or bought something before (without anything about them typed into phone) and they've popped up in ads on fb. Go figure!
    yes!! this happened to me too!! I merely mentioned it to dh and next thing I knew it was in those sponsored ad feeds on my fb!?! I was a bit freaked out!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyBlackett View Post
    Yes, the algorithm takes into account people who have looked for you.
    Oohh that means girl from work has facestalked me from hubby's profile 😝

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sairz View Post
    Makes you wonder if they pick up on things said via the microphone or something..
    I know I've talked about a certain product or bought something before (without anything about them typed into phone) and they've popped up in ads on fb. Go figure!
    Do you use rewards cards etc?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I do have a few. Mainly my local supermarket, I don't use them all the time but that's something I never thought of, could be linked to my email or ph number on the card..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Well I sent a friend request and pm to her and she said she has tried searching for me several times so thinking that's it.