+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default What the hell? Just found out...

So I have a sister who is married and lives interstate . They have a 10 year old .

My sister has struggled with anxiety and depression on and off for years. She also has struggled with insomnia badly. They both drink probably a bit more than they should .

Anyhow my sister today apparently confided in him that she has been taking sleeping tablets with codeine to get to sleep. He then didn't talk to her for a few days . Then she asked him if he had any secrets.

And the ******** said that he had slept with 40 prostitutes in the last couple of years as " he has needs".

We are all in shock . You think you know a person. My poor sister. What do I do to be supportive?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What a horrible man to do that to his own wife! I hope your sister comes out of this ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no. Are you able to give her some 'time out' and visit one way or the other? She may need some medical attention just to make sure. Also some decent counselling as it sounds as though life was tough enough as it was. She's going to feel worthless, unloved and yucky if he has also slept with her in recent times. Maybe get her some advice as to finances etc - a decent solicitor. She might be a bit numb to get moving on it all if that is her desired direction.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We have asked if she wants to come home but she doesn't want to uproot her child from his Dad. Mum offered to go over there but she doesn't want to. I texted her and she is pretty numb as you would expect.

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    oh how awful for her.

so hard to deal with ... and with you all so far away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just can't believe someone would actually do that. And so many

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    "He has needs" - what a cop out!

Your poor sister. What a terrible thing to find out.

Just keep checking in with her and offering your support. I'm sure she's beside herself and probably doesn't know what to do next. It's a lot to process

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had this happen to me in my last relationship. No children thankfully but I think it's near impossible to stay in a relationship with a man like that. She will never trust him and she will always feel she isn't good enough. What an absolute @&$)(/@ to do this to her and their child. He deserves the worst.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow... And he just said it so casually like that?

Are you sure he's not doing it to get a rise out of her? It just seems so casual and really strange that he would all of a sudden come out with a confession like that. It hardly compares to her sleeping pill confession.

What does she want to do? I would let her know that you are there for her and will support her with whatever she wants to do. She is probably overwhelmed and in a state of shock at the moment. I would say a bomb shell like that will take a few days to actually set in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!! What a pig! I hope she shows him the door and changes the locks!