+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    I guess it depends on time your leaving too. DH left super early because of being tradesman so arrived at work at 5:30 to park on peacock road.

Is there a train near you? Or where you want to buy etc? I also think it's important to look at your mortgage etc as would you be able to afford it if you lost your job and went on Centrelink for a period of time or income protection etc. we can because ours is $250pw we are lucky in that aspect!
    No trains out this way. We do have income protection though. Our repayments at the moment would be slightly less than rent on a smaller house. DH's job is one that is usually short in people to fill the positions. Me getting a job (in my field) on the other hand will require a miracle so we haven't relied on it at all. It would be nice to be able to get the loan down though. With changes to FTB B we stand to go through a couple of tough years ahead either way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Ted View Post
    Any thoughts on this part:

Here's the next question - would you continue to make offers on a house that you can't reach the asking price on? It was taken off the market as no one else offered asking price and then raised another $50k? (I will delete this part later). It's now under a real estate that is notorious for raising prices ridiculously and then having houses sit there.
    Nope I wouldn't. I would be doing my own research and know exactly what it's worth and just offer on houses in your price range. If there is nothing in your price range then I guess you need a plan b. The market cannot continue this way so I would sit tight for a few years.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (31-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    Nope I wouldn't. I would be doing my own research and know exactly what it's worth and just offer on houses in your price range. If there is nothing in your price range then I guess you need a plan b. The market cannot continue this way so I would sit tight for a few years.
    We have been in the market for a few years now and have an idea of what it is worth. We aren't talking about making offers that we can't honour. There have been several homes sold under asking price after a long time on the market - it's that sporadic whether or not and how much a house sells for at the moment. We really don't have a few years - I wish we did. We have missed out on a home in a similar situation though that sold under asking and we were waiting to hear from the agent who instead sold it to the next person who came along. They are lazy here and a couple have been very unethical, but not illegal that we know of.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you like the house, it doesn't hurt to put your best offer in. You never know!!! The worst that can happen is they say no

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby_Tuesday15 For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (31-07-2015)