+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Just want to join in the with the excitement... I'm in Melbourne so obviously applied at ACU down here. I'm hoping to begin next year, studying part time. DS will be 1 in April and DD will turn 3 in July. Hopefully they're doing early round offers because I just want to know if I'm in!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Best of luck LittleLadyBojangles!

Ive actually done something i never expected. Im going to be changing my preferences and putting nursing at QUT as my first preference. I have been so stressed about doing the midwifery course and all that was involved and it just didnt feel right inside, you know. I felt like i was doing the wrong thing. I wanted to do the dual degree so that i could work in NICU. I started looking into just nursing and then made my decision and now i feel so much calm and peace in my mind and just life in general that i know that im on my right path. Im aiming for NICU. And it just feels so right! Im pumped! Cant wait to start!!!

How are you going acurtis? You must be just about due?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good on you! It's definitely good to follow your gut and do what's right... I've actually done 4 units of a primary school degree which I only started 18 months ago, deferred to have DS and went nup, that's not actually right for me! Now that I've decided to study midwifery, it's like I've found my path, my calling, sorry if that sounds lame!! But Ive just never been so excited, I've done many different things (studied drama/film after school, then did vet nursing for 4 years, then started a mobile dog grooming business, then the teaching degree!!!) but I don't think any of my other ventures had me *this* excited to begin with. Sure, me changing all the time has family and friends like 'righto, here's the new phase' but I feel like shaking them and saying nooo this is really IT!! When you know you know!!!!! I just cannot wait either!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone checked their qtac today? I got an early offer from acu!! I am beyond shocked! Genuinely didn't expect to get an offer in this first early round

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LeighB For This Useful Post:

acurtis88  (12-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Me too!!!!! Congratulations!
    I can't believe it came through so early!? I checked my email and nearly dropped my phone. Then I cried. Haha. SO EXCITED!!
    Guess we'll be meeting each other next year!
    Yay!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to The Pushka For This Useful Post:

acurtis88  (12-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh but are you accepting it? Or doing the nursing degree instead?
    That's going to be a tough decision for you now maybe?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to The Pushka For This Useful Post:

acurtis88  (12-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg congrats ladies!!!!! Thats such great news

I was just popping on to say that and thought id check to make sure qtac got the last of my paperwork &

OMFG I ALSO HAD AN EARLY OFFER LETTER WAITING FOR ME!!!!!

Just cannot believe it no idea how i am meant to get to sleep tonight lol

Have you decided what your doing yet Leigh? Wow its all so real now having received an offer and have accepted

Now just to have bub on Tuesday, get over chrissy & move house in January then START UNI IN FEB!!!!!!!!!

OMFG!!!! CONGRATS TO US LADIES!!!! WELL DONE!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations ladies!!! I'm so happy for you all

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to foggy For This Useful Post:

acurtis88  (12-11-2015),The Pushka  (13-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats ladies! I'm so excited for all of us! I can believe we all got offers in this first round. Kinda thought this first round might only be for like op 1 or 2 people. Wonder what the cut offs will end up being.

Best of luck acurtis. Busy times ahead for you.

As for me and my offer, I'm going to conditionally accept it and see how I go in other offer rounds. So stoked though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So happy for you guys! How exciting that we don't have to wait until January, and can start planning our year ahead!
    LeighB best of luck with your other offers. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long to get another offer!