+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    LeighB, I was thinking along those lines and then I guess I scared myself into thinking that it would all be too much... I need to have a look at how many days I'll have because I need to work as well. 😔 Ho hum. I'm still aiming for four years to complete it so hopefully that will eventuate!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Argh I'm stuck!!!
    I have 2 hr prac class to do for unit BIOL121 & hlsc110 which I can't have baby with me. I've managed to get someone to be at the uni to watch him for one but have no one for the other 😣
    Can't Do daycare and have no fam or friends that could do it... any ideas?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are you on any of the acu midwifery Facebook pages? Maybe try seeing if there is someone who could do a swap with you? You may not get a definite answer until the allocations are made but it might be worth asking? Or you might find another student who could do it for a small payment?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have no ideas sorry. I hope you can sort something out.

Are you on any of the fb pages pushka? I hadnt even realised there were any. When do we find out about what text books we will need? I want to get them as soon as I possibly can

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LeighB View Post
    I have no ideas sorry. I hope you can sort something out.

Are you on any of the fb pages pushka? I hadnt even realised there were any. When do we find out about what text books we will need? I want to get them as soon as I possibly can
    I'm on them LeighB. If I'm your friend on Facebook I can add you

Thanks
    Reviews
    I reckon there would certainly be a student that would cover a few hours for your for a small fee.
    Is there more than one FB page? I just saw the ACU Midwifery one but I didn't think it was Brisbane specific.
    I don't think the book list is released until next year, I read somewhere you're given the detail first week in but I am going to have a squiz online because I reckon they'll be the same/similar as this years.
    Leigh B, I was told that Biology was really hard! Which freaked me out no end. You've given me hope with what your nurse friend has said. Maybe I should suss out to do 3 courses...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've joined a bunch of them. I bought a few 2nd hand textbooks already, based on what they were last year. It's a bit of a gamble but I got them fairly cheap so thought I'd get them and cross my fingers they're the same. I was under the impression that the book list wouldn't be out till January but there's heaps of people selling them now, since the year is ending.
    Here's a screen shot of some acu groups. Not sure I'm a member of all of them but there's also one I've attached a screenshot of for second hand textbooks.
    Loads of questions and answers from the last year, especially the nursing mums one.
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1449742225.134267.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1449742240.587930.jpg

8. The Following User Says Thank You to The Pushka For This Useful Post:

KaylaB  (10-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks! I don't know why I didn't think to look at FB groups. I've been hounding Gumtree every week for some cheap books. Thanks again!.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to KaylaB For This Useful Post:

The Pushka  (10-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default ACU Brisbane 2016 Bachelor of Midwifery

I also found a website called student VIP, which seems to have loads of second hand textbooks for sale.
    Just a tip, too; if you want to get some heavy books sent to you, look at Sendle. It's a courier company that does door to door and it's much cheaper than the post office for bigger items! (I don't work for them, haha... But they have saved me money!).

12. The Following User Says Thank You to The Pushka For This Useful Post:

KaylaB  (19-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey girls... Congratulations for being accepted into midwifery! That alone is a huge achievement so well done 😊 I just wanted to make you all aware (as it may be helpful) that even though you may only have to attend uni a couple of days a week the work load is intense. Especially trying to juggle with kids. You also have to fit in all your women's antenatal appointments and be on call for their births which can be quite a juggle, especially with trying to organise care. And add into that your placement. Not saying any of this to put you off, but just to make you aware of the time commitment as it can be a little deceiving.

In regards to amount of topics to take on id say it's better to take to many and drop them if needed Before the census date if it's to much, rather only enrolling part time and realising you could have managed more.

If you prepare yourself, stay committed and organised and have great support you can do this!!! It's hard but so worth it. Well done again, wishing you all best wishes for 2016.... How exciting 😊

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jarylee For This Useful Post:

KaylaB  (16-12-2015),Leahesul  (16-12-2015),LeighB  (21-12-2015),The Pushka  (16-12-2015)