+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Woaah what healthy size acurtis! Congratulations!

So i just got off the most frustrating phone conversation to acu melb! Foggy I think you might be able to help me with this one. I called them about accepting the nursing offer and transferring over the b.mid after semester one provided i meet the criteria which one of the staff advised me I could do. This student advisor told me that I couldn't transfer after semester one, I would have to a least do a year in nursing. I asked her to double check (she was hesitant to ) with the faculty because I had been given two different answers. I mean I could change my preference and complete a year of nursing closer to home and just re apply to acu if that was the case.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congratulations acurtis! That's great news!

Have you done your enrolment yet Pushka? I just called qtac, accepted my offer and now doing through the enrolment process.

Leahesul- I wish I could help you out with that one. Can you not conditionally accept your offer for the nursing and wait to see how you go in the later rounds and maybe you will get a midwifery offer?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Leahsul, I think it's got to do with them not having a mid-year intake. I was told I would have to complete the whole year and then apply to transfer to begin the BMid the next year. I'm not sure if you need to do a full time year, or if part time would be enough. Can you contact the course coordinator for some more info?
    A friend tried to transfer from a different uni to acu to complete her nursing degree, but they couldn't confirm for her exactly which units age would get credited for until she had applied, so she decided to stick where she is. I'd look closely at credits for transfer before you go to a different uni because it would be horrible to have to re-do biology if you didn't need to, if you couldn't get credited properly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's awesome LeighB! I enrolled in all 4 units for the first semester, just so I could be enrolled in something! But I will be booking a meeting with the course coordinator for January, once I've got some more time and I've had a good look at the timetable options and will work out what to drop then. I'm sure I'll have some questions for her!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm still considered for my higher preferences even if I accept Nursing. It was more a location thing as in acu is the closest (hour away) uni to offer the three year b.mid but if I need to do a full year of nursing then I could do it at a closer uni. I didn't think of that The Pushka, I thought the units would be worth the same across the board. The student advisor on the phone reluctantly said she would find out for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Leahesul, I can't help you with any of that, but I'm just wondering if you've got an email from ACU about accepting yet? I've got nothing..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nothing yet Llb. They said they were still processing everyone's details so to call back in two days if we haven't heard anything

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LeighB View Post
    Kayla, ill be doing 2 units per semester for the first year. And then 3 per semester for the rest of the course except semester 2 in the third year I think has 4 units. Then I can give biology heaps of attention and I have a reduced work load for the rest of the course. I'm so excited!
    That is exactly what I am hoping to do! Sounds far more manageable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats acurtis! Enjoy all that newborn goodness and crazyness.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to KaylaB For This Useful Post:

acurtis88  (25-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does anyone know when we are meant to get info about things like vaccinations we need or book lists...things like that? Do we get an email or something? Or is it on the website somewhere?
    I know it's not urgent but I'm just so excited! Haha. Want to get started on things right now!