+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LeighB View Post
    Congrats on your early offers ladies! That is great news!

Pushka, where did you find the course maps? Ive been trying to find something like it. I haven't enrolled yet. I still need to talk to hubby about it all. He is pretty difficult to talk to sometimes. His eyes just kinda glaze over haha Is it only 10 women that we need to follow? I thought it was 20??
    LeighB, I am pretty sure next year is the first year it's down to a minimum of 10. Not all uni's have dropped the number though.
    I got emailed a couple of options for a course map over 4 years, by Julie who I think is the course administrator. I'm not sure how to send it to you though. I'll have a look if I can work it out. I don't think it's 'official' or anything but they look like they are good options...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Leahesul - I started off doing the Bach Nursing first, part time. So in my first year I did BIOL121 and HLSC111. Midwifery students don't have to do that particular HLSC one. I went part time then because a) I wasn't sure if I wanted to do he nursing then midwifery and b) we were planning on having another baby sooner rather than later.
    Second semester I did BIOL122 and UNCC100. I was pregnant by that stage and deferred the first semester when I gave birth and completed HLSC120 second semester.
    By that stage I know nursing wasn't for me, and I decided that midwifery was all I wanted to do! So I applied for a course transfer, and was approved.
    So this year technically I'm 1st year midwifery, however my workload has been full time but doing 3 subjects instead of the 4 as I obviously have already completed the units the other 1st years have done.

I'm lucky that I have a very supportive husband and neighbours and a couple of close friends who I can call if I'm totally stuck!! The eldest is in school, my 2 boys are in daycare 3 days a week. I wouldn't have a chance of finishing my assignments/weekly work if they were in any less. Honesty if I could afford it they would go 1 extra day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Leighb - parking is free which is great! They have at the moment 2 main car parks, one to the left of Te driveway (gravel) and one to the right (bitumen). Either way you need to walk a bit, uphill, but I'm not complaining as its exercise, and free parking!! They are doing a big car park building behind the library, but I'm not sure who it's for. I'm assuming it's for staff, but that will free up more parks at the top of the hill for the early birds

I had my final exam today, and I go on placement Monday!! I can't wait.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Can I PM you my email address pushka for you to forward that course map through to me? That's so much more manageable having 10 ladies to follow! I was really wondering how people manage with 20! Obviously they do though otherwise there wouldn't be any midwives graduating.

Thanks for the info foggy enjoy your placement! I'm a bit jealous!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LeighB View Post
    Can I PM you my email address pushka for you to forward that course map through to me? That's so much more manageable having 10 ladies to follow! I was really wondering how people manage with 20! Obviously they do though otherwise there wouldn't be any midwives graduating.

Thanks for the info foggy enjoy your placement! I'm a bit jealous!
    I sent you a pm LeighB but maybe you didn't get it? Send me your email and I'll forward it to you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by The Pushka View Post
    I sent you a pm LeighB but maybe you didn't get it? Send me your email and I'll forward it to you.
    Are you deciding on the 3 courses a semester or the 2 for the first year and 4 for the last two? the coordinator only sent me the one course suggestion list (2 courses first two years and 4 for the next two years). Curious what others are doing... I hear Biology is pretty intense with a high failure rate so I think I might stick to 2 courses for the first year each semester at least. So I can manage Mummy time and uni/study time.

Enjoy placement Foggy. Congrats! It's so exciting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Kayla, ill be doing 2 units per semester for the first year. And then 3 per semester for the rest of the course except semester 2 in the third year I think has 4 units. Then I can give biology heaps of attention and I have a reduced work load for the rest of the course. I'm so excited!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LeighB For This Useful Post:

KaylaB  (24-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kayla, I'm leaning towards the 2 per semester for first year, then it's mostly 3. I think the last semester it's equivalent to 4 because one subject is worth 20 points, rather than 10. I think that's the two month placement though.
    It's still completed in 4 years, and I am still needing to sit down and look at the unit descriptions to get an idea of what each year would be looking like.
    Pm me and I'll send you the options. Just don't want to put things online that aren't really 'official'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow its so cool to see such a busy thread ☺ I've had to catch up big time lol
    Congrats to everyone who have received their offers and good luck to those of you that are yet to hear!!

I had bub on Tuesday 9lb6oz healthy baby boy!

So I've enrolled in 3 units each semester for 1st year with the option of dropping down to 2 if I NEED to. I'm not doing any prac through the 1st year as will find it to hard with all the kids.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default ACU Brisbane 2016 Bachelor of Midwifery

Oh huge congratulations acurtis88!
    Glad the birth went well, and what a good start for bub being nice and chubby! what have you named him?
    I'm sure you'll get plenty of volunteers for cuddles next year!