+ Reply to Thread
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week

Default Bank fee scam warning.

Just a heads up.

My elderly parents almost got taken in.

They ring saying they are for a government department and the have found the banks have overcharged you through bank fees by thousands.

They give you a phone to ring back and talk to there manager to prove they are legit (yeah right)

Than tell you to go to the post office to get a form and ring them and they will help fill it out. They also ask bank details or cash up front.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for the heads up. So many scams. We have just changed over to a private number, I felt harassed every day with this rubbish.

Every day someone calls from "Telstra" telling me my internet was getting disconnected. I'm not even with Telstra! I had some very colourful conversations with these guys, i eventually told them to go ahead and disconnect us and stopped answering the phone. I'm still miraculously connected!