+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Possible slow amniotic fluid leak?

I am probably being super paranoid, but just wanted to get this out there.

On Friday I had a 28 (technically 29) week growth scan due to GD, and the lady there mentioned that my fluid is on the low side of normal. Also bubs is measuring a little small, but nothing to be worried about there.

I was feeling ok about it, until I started thinking about it more.
    I have been feeling "wet" ALL THE TIME. It's been like this for a while. I just assumed it was normal pregnancy discharge, but by the end of the day my underwear is always damp/soaked.

I do have an appointment at the hospital next Wednesday, and I have a student midwife that I'm sure I can pester with this question, but just wanted to see if it's even worth worrying about!

I'm currently 30w exactly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would go to the hospital to get it checked out, just for peace of mind. If it turns out to be nothing, then at least you can put your mind at ease.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I agree, I'd get checked today, don't put it off xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So you're still in the normal range but on the low side? If you're worried get it checked out sooner rather then later. Better safe then sorry and stress certainly won't help the situation. But, having said that, you do get extra discharge during pregnancy. This might be TMI but I have to wear a panty liner everyday (31weeks as you know). Have you always been on the low side or just at the last scan, baby could have had a big drink of fluid and not urinated at the time of the scan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a slow leak with my first later in the pregnancy and wore liners. I thought it was just 'pregnancy discharge' as it wasn't a huge amount and I didn't know any different.

Put on a pad and go and get checked out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Little Ted, how did the slow leak affect your pregnancy? Now I'm worried too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Koarlo View Post
    @Little Ted, how did the slow leak affect your pregnancy? Now I'm worried too
    First of all - read the whole response before fretting. Second - get checked out so that you can either stress-less or deal with the situation.

I had scans post dates and even one two days before he was born and they were 'happy' with the amount of fluid. Two days later no fluid, placenta shutting down and baby in distress. But he was in there for nearly an extra 3 weeks due to their stupidity (we now know I just have small babies, but as he was our first we didn't have any proof). He came via an emergency c section when his oxygen ran out.

Due to the placenta's time running out he was undernourished, very thin and was also very dry and peely. Now a very healthy, intelligent, tall boy.