+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Breast clinic

Does anyone know what they do there? I'm only 25 am I too young for a mammogram I'm really scared.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    Does anyone know what they do there? I'm only 25 am I too young for a mammogram I'm really scared.

Thanks
    Have you been to the GP? If you've got a lump you're worried about, the GP is your first step and they will refer you on from there.

I had a lump a few months ago, GP sent me for an ultrasound and it was all clear.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You wouldn't be too young. They can also do ultrasounds. If you've got a family history it's best to try get checked out regularly.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    I went to one last year. They did an ultrasound. I had some localized breast pain which resolved itself. The staff were very sensitive and supportive.

Hopefully whatever you are going for is a storm in a tea cup ( or a d cup.)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Dd is only 21 has to go too. You can never be to young.

Thanks
    Reviews
    An ultrasound is a good place to start.

Breast disease is a 3 pronged approach. Radiology, pathology and clinical information. If you have strong maternal family history of breast Ca ie mum, aunts, grandmother etc then a genetic test is offered as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I posted a couple weeks ago as I've had dischRgd but negative pregnancy tests (it's like milk coming out my boobs). So gp did breast check and checked all my medications including new anti depressant said it wasn't that and wants me to go here due to family history my aunt, grandmother both have passed from Breast cancer.

I just wasn't sure what happened when I go. Thanks girls

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Breast clinic

I posted a couple weeks ago as I've had dischRgd but negative pregnancy tests (it's like milk coming out my boobs). So gp did breast check and checked all my medications including new anti depressant said it wasn't that and wants me to go here due to family history my aunt, grandmother both have passed from Breast cancer.

I just wasn't sure what happened when I go. Thanks girls
    What you have is classed as a nipple discharge. Your gp can send a sample of that discharge on a glass slide (same prep for Pap smears). Send two slides in - one for cytology and one for microbiology. Depending on results you will need to see a breast clinic.

If you have epithelial cells on your slides then a clinic visit is warranted to exclude papilloma.

But get your gp to do this and your US before you go to the clinic so you don't waste time after or $$$.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    What you have is classed as a nipple discharge. Your gp can send a sample of that discharge on a glass slide (same prep for Pap smears). Send two slides in - one for cytology and one for microbiology. Depending on results you will need to see a breast clinic.

If you have epithelial cells on your slides then a clinic visit is warranted to exclude papilloma.

But get your gp to do this and your US before you go to the clinic so you don't waste time after or $$$.
    Ok thank you. She said because of family history she wanted send me there. But I will suggest test first. I've been extremely tired but my thyroid is fine and I take iron supp (I don't eat much red meat).

I have a referral in genetic clinic but it hasn't been accepted yet as it goes by importance that was about 4 months ago.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you had your appointment yet hon?