+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1438211100.288512.jpg

These are my teeth ATM. I drink a lot of coffee so they aren't the greatest colour 😏 I'm due for a clean.

I'm happy with mine people don't even notice them when I speak

2. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

GirlsRock  (30-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlsRock View Post
    Has anyone had braces as an adult?

I'm trying to find out what people have paid to have braces (or invasilign) on their top teeth. I've been told I would only need them for 6 months to straighten my front teeth which have moved slightly because i grind my teeth when I sleep. I would then need a mouth guard to wear at night to stop grinding.

I've been quoted $5500.00 but I dont know if that's reasonable or not.

If you have any idea at all, please let me know.

thanks
    I got mine at 19- they were free because I was put on the waiting list at 6.
    Had them for 3 years, and it was a waste of time.

(They took them off and I waited 3 days to collect my retainers, and by the time they were ready to collect my teeth had started moving back into place and the retainers didn't fit. I had told them that it didn't feel right when they took them off. They wanted to start the process again but I was moving out here so told them to get stuffed basically. Teeth are nowhere near as bad (they were all sideways) but still not straight).

ETA: that was in Ireland BTW

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    Attachment 71939

These are my teeth ATM. I drink a lot of coffee so they aren't the greatest colour ������ I'm due for a clean.

I'm happy with mine people don't even notice them when I speak
    They're hardly noticeable. I think I'll likely go for something similar to yours rather than invisalign.

After straightening I'll no doubt want them whitened. Geez, when does it ever end hey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok I'm clueless about this entire process...

Why have some of you chosen the normal ones rather than Invisalign etc etc...

Do the results differ??

I have no idea

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misho View Post
    Ok I'm clueless about this entire process...

Why have some of you chosen the normal ones rather than Invisalign etc etc...

Do the results differ??

I have no idea
    No results don't differ it's just different process and they look different! I think Invisalign look like veneers sort of thing? There is a mum on BH who just posted her journey of it. I wish I just got normal braces not clear though as its more expensive by about $500 and I eat so much 'staining' food. Eg curry, tomato sauces etc I tried giving it up but I just couldn't so the clear process was useless to me 😁

7. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

misho  (30-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The reason you have to go in for an appointment to get a quote is because treatment can vary so much from person to person depending on what problems you have and how bad they are, as well as what options you prefer in terms of treatment.
    For example, I had the option of having teeth out, having surgery to widen my jaw, or having my mouth widened with an expander. I could choose between metal or clear ceramic. Some places offer invisaline. It's all different and they need to look at your teeth to see how much work they need to do.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DarcyJ For This Useful Post:

GirlsRock  (30-07-2015),misho  (30-07-2015),RuffledPansy  (30-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DarcyJ View Post
    The reason you have to go in for an appointment to get a quote is because treatment can vary so much from person to person depending on what problems you have and how bad they are, as well as what options you prefer in terms of treatment.
    For example, I had the option of having teeth out, having surgery to widen my jaw, or having my mouth widened with an expander. I could choose between metal or clear ceramic. Some places offer invisaline. It's all different and they need to look at your teeth to see how much work they need to do.
    Agreed well worth the visit. ..

11. The Following User Says Thank You to RuffledPansy For This Useful Post:

GirlsRock  (30-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been following along. Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on the payment options?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RM05MB View Post
    I've been following along. Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on the payment options?
    I pay $250 per month... Well was supposed too. I haven't since DH lost his job I pay less now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RM05MB View Post
    Many of the places I went wanted full payment up front that was serviced via something like ge credit (interest only card).

My ortho charged $2000, then I paid him an additional $1000 when my phi paid, then the balance I pay at my adjustments.