+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    As everyone else has said - I got 3 packs but 2 would have been enough, switched to libra good nights after that, thin but nice and long. Still bleeding 4 weeks later. I got black granny knickers from target. 5 in a pack for $10 and got them a few sizes bigger to ensure they covered c section cut. I also took a box of nursing pads to hospital but since my milk didn't come in til after I was home I really didn't need them.
    good luck !

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Essence08 For This Useful Post:

AceOfBase  (19-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks girls. I will get at least 1-2 packs of maternity pads (with wings!) then 1-2 packs of normal or overnight pads (still with wings) and of course will send DH out to buy more if needed (haha, poor guy).

@akakura -
    nice of you to pass on your unused pads to your workmate, she would have appreciated that

Wow @gingermillie you had a c-section and was vacuuming at 3 weeks, that’s great, I hope it was OK.

@lileitak - I think black undies is a must!

@Essence08 - I’ll be heading off to Target for my granny knickers too, what a bargain. Yes, a bigger size is a smart idea to cover my c-section cut, good idea. I was given some nursing pads and may bring them with me just in case too

I went to a breastfeeding class on Monday and parenting class on Tuesday, worked today and tomorrow is my last day. I plan to pack my hospital bag on Friday.

Had my 2nd last OB appointment today, he was happy with me. Seeing my diabetes doc on Friday, he’s a bit more strict on me but when I saw him yesterday he seemed happy enough. I can’t believe 2 weeks today I should have my little boy with me. I still feel like I’m dreaming. Don’t wake me up!

Hope everyone is doing well, whether you're with your beautiful bub or waiting around to meet your bub xxx
    Last edited by AceOfBase; 19-08-2015 at 20:08. Reason: I hate mispelling your/you're

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AceOfBase For This Useful Post:

ilex  (20-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not long now @AceOfBase.

I have a question. When is the best time to buy nursing bra? I don't think I should buy it too soon as the b00bs will grow even bigger?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

AceOfBase  (21-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    Not long now @AceOfBase.

I have a question. When is the best time to buy nursing bra? I don't think I should buy it too soon as the b00bs will grow even bigger?
    Yep, 11 days to go now. And I still haven't packed my hospital bag, hopefully tomorrow.

I did buy a maternity bra on Monday, $10 from Kmart. How far along are you now? Don't leave it too long though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am 32w. Still have a while to go. I am not are if I should buy it now or later. I already bought two maternity bra earlier on but feeling tight again. They aren't for nursing since it can't be detached easily.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @bbhope I bought 3 wire free maternity bras to wear during pregnancy as my boobs had grown so much the underwire was too tight. I was measured and fitted at a store, then just bought from wherever.
    I found both times after bubs was born I couldn't wear them for about 2 weeks once my milk came in. I lived in those 'ahhh bra' type crop tops to accommodate engorgement. I still wear them to bed most nights. Feeding singlets are also good in the early days as you don't need any bra with them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought mine while pregnant too. My advice to buy a variety since you won't know what works best until you're feeding. I have a couple from bonds (traditional style and a racerback sport crop), a couple from H&M which I hate at first but now quite like, and a couple from target. None look that nice, but all are functional.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks ladies.
    @TeamCarts: where do you get it fitted in perth? I didnt know that you can get it fit and buy elsewhere. That's why I haven't done it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

TeamCarts  (23-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope I remember hearing (not sure where) that it's recommended to wear a wirefree bra from about 20 weeks onward. I bought 3 maternity bras - 1 $10 one from Kmart, a bonds one and a Chloe and Lola one from myer. Now that little miss is here I am wearing maternity singlets (ones without cups in) overnight to keep tummy warm when feeding (I wear this under button up pjs), maternity crop tops from target if staying home during the day (oh so soft and comfy) and only wearing the maternity bras if leaving the house (better shape under clothes, easy to slip in breast pads if needed). I also have a bonds maternity singlet with bra cups which is good for when needing to feed in public as covers the tummy. Hope this helps I have found my size hasn't gone up hugely and when they were swollen when my milk came in I was wearing the crop tops or singlets for comfort anyway.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

bbhope  (23-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    thanks ladies.
    @TeamCarts: where do you get it fitted in perth? I didnt know that you can get it fit and buy elsewhere. That's why I haven't done it.
    I got fitted at bras n things. Morley store. They were excellent. They didn't have my size in the colours I wanted so u didn't end up purchasing that day. I was about 20ish weeks. I later went to another of their stores (Joondalup) and picked up a black, tan and white one all on sale. They were also very good service. At least I knew my size then.
    I get MASSIVE when my milk comes in but I am now back in them wearing them most days when I'm not in a feeding singlet and wearing the soft crop tops (got mine at best and less) during the night to keep in my breast pads.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to TeamCarts For This Useful Post:

bbhope  (23-08-2015)