+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Spoke too soon - no big sleep last night, he was awake for a feed every 2 hours.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Essence08 For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (11-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Essence08 View Post
    Spoke too soon - no big sleep last night, he was awake for a feed every 2 hours.
    Yep and after our big outing yesterday my girl fed and cried constantly for 6 hours straight. I could not put her down! Cue massive tears from me when DH arrived home from work. Here's hoping for a better day/night for both of us @Essence08!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi all! Wanted to let the group know that our little baby B was born this past Saturday. The last few days have been a blur, but we are totally in love with the little nugget. He was a wee little thing, 6lb 12oz / 3060g and 49cms.

As to be expected we're exhausted -running on little sleep, as bubs spends most of the night cluster feeding. I trust things will get better once we're home (hospitals are not conducive to sleep!) and my milk comes in to fatten this little boy up.

The hardest part so far was saying goodbye to my mum this morning who is on her way back to Canada. Hello tears!

We're busting out tomorrow - thank goodness and will post a better update.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

AceOfBase  (13-08-2015),gingermillie  (11-08-2015),Nicky1977  (11-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lileitak View Post
    Hi all! Wanted to let the group know that our little baby B was born this past Saturday. The last few days have been a blur, but we are totally in love with the little nugget. He was a wee little thing, 6lb 12oz / 3060g and 49cms.

As to be expected we're exhausted -running on little sleep, as bubs spends most of the night cluster feeding. I trust things will get better once we're home (hospitals are not conducive to sleep!) and my milk comes in to fatten this little boy up.

The hardest part so far was saying goodbye to my mum this morning who is on her way back to Canada. Hello tears!

We're busting out tomorrow - thank goodness and will post a better update.
    Awww congrats @lileitak how lovely, soak up every second those first few days are so amazing! And just ignore the previous posts about lack of sleep 😉

7. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

ilex  (11-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah ha ha!! I'm not expecting much more sleep, but hoping to catch up on a little while DH is off work. Not being confined to one small room with a screaming baby should be a marked improvement.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had a brilliant day today she's been a little gem which makes me forget how hideous last night was she is going to have a shower with daddy when he gets home from work which is the cutest thing ever. It's the little things which melt your heart that get you through the sleeplessness 😊 enjoy your little miracle @lileitak

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I haven't been on here for awhile!

Congrats to @Lileitek, sad ur mum had to leave so soon. Hope u have some local support for these early days. I'm sure ur bub will fatten up quickly if he's cluster feeding.
    @Ladydee congrats on your little bundle arriving!
    @Beeanksta congrats. How's ur little bub doing now?
    @MGC Bertie any news? Hope all is well

Reading thru these comments @gingermillie, @Nicky1977, @essense08 about sleeping and unsettled bubs reminds me of the early days with DS. Why do first babies have to be so hard!? I don't know if it's because I know what I'm doing this time or just my standards/expectations are lower and I'm quite conditioned to lack of sleep but Xanthe is a much easier bub to look after than DS and she doesn't cry for no apparent reason. I am co-sleeping this time, I think she has only slept for an hour in her bassinet for her whole life 😃 (DH likes to try putting her in there but she's not ready for it yet) I have her in the ergo carrier now asleep. I have just adapted to either wearing her or being locked on the couch during the day. I will transition her to the bassinet at around 10-12 weeks. I wasn't confident co-sleeping the first time round but I feel so much more at ease second time round with everything, although DS does make things challenging!! The first 12 weeks are extremely challenging girls but it does get easier I promise!! My maternal health nurse says "surviving is thriving!"
    Get ur bubs in carriers or wraps, don't worry about creating bad sleeping habits just enjoys the cuddles and make bub feel secure then when they're older they will feel safe and comfortable being put in the bassinet or cot. Well that's my theory anyway

Xanthe is 6 weeks 5 days and already busting out of 000 and into 00 clothes!! She was already 5kg at her 1 month check up and 59cm long, we are calling her the beast, a very cute beast tho

Looking forward to some more birth announcements. Hope everyone is doing well

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to akakura For This Useful Post:

ilex  (11-08-2015),Nicky1977  (11-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Congratulations @Liletak! Enjoy your little man x

13. The Following User Says Thank You to TeamCarts For This Useful Post:

ilex  (13-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats liketak!!!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

ilex  (13-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @akakura: 000 to 00 already? Geez...I bought too many 000 then.