+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @TeamCarts - Same here! Come 6pm-ish, my bubba's [DD in particular] become so unsettled/fussy! So lately the evenings have been a tiring struggle 😩
    So envious of your lil girl sleeping through! Mine are waking/feeding 3-4 hourly - want to come train my 2? 😏

Other than that, it's amazing to see their lil personalities blossoming. My bubs personalities are completely opposite of one another! Twins, but couldn't be more different!

I can imagine DS thrown into your mix would make for some trying times, but glad to hear you're plodding along well hun 😊 xx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to KayzB For This Useful Post:

TeamCarts  (04-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lileitak - hope you're hanging in there hun, and managed to treat yourself to that mani & massage today! ☺️

4. The Following User Says Thank You to KayzB For This Useful Post:

ilex  (04-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow so much as happened in the few days since I've been on here. Congrats @Ladydee on your new addition to the family

Last couple of weeks I have been very occupied with the baby. As is the pattern with what others have said at the moment I'm finding Matthew is at his most unsettled and fussy in the evening (which I will take over the night which was his most unsettled period in the first few days). He is most unsettled in the mornings. Overnight he generally has 2 feeds. I'd say on average his feeds are every 3 hours.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nicky1977 For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (06-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It sounded like everyone is busy with the bub(s).

Still waiting the news from @MGC Bertie.
    @AceOfBase: just saw your post. My educator wants to test 1hr because some people might not be able to wait 2 hrs for the snack. I totally agree with that. I am struggling in the morning everyday with 3/4 cup cereal + skim milk. At 1hr mark, i test and then ready for my snack. Sometime i keep eating healthy snack until almost lunch time. OB is seeing me every week now because of the glucose problem. The strange thing is that my level is only high after breakfast and dinner. It is only high every once in a while for lunch. Anyway, as of today, OB decided to put me on metformin. He thinks i have enough insulin just isn't working properly and quick enough. Did anyone here take it? He warns me that it might make me sick.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

AceOfBase  (13-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope the Metformin helps @bbhope and that you don't get too sick. I have to have my glucose test repeated at 6 weeks post baby's birth so another 3 and a half weeks. I'm worried that it might be high as I hardly have any sugar and the carbotest drink I will be given is loaded with it so I might go high - I have done the odd level here and there post pregnancy but have been good (although then again I was most of the time during pregnancy).

Otherwise baby Matthew is good, first time today he had a bath without crying lol. Hope everyone else, Mum's, Mums-to-be and babies are all good

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone, I hope you're all doing well. I have a really bad cold sore at the moment, so annoying. I hope it clears up before bub arrives. If I can't kiss my bub after waiting so long, I won't be very happy.

@Nicky1977 sounds like things are getting along nicely and you and Matthew are getting into a routine. So happy he enjoyed his bath.

@bbhope best do what your educator says in regards to testing. I find that having porridge in the morning (around 8am) I can last until 1pm for lunch. My diabetes doc wants me to push through the hunger pains if I feel the urge to snack. Which I can manage before lunch, but after lunch I struggle so much. Pregnancy is not the time to diet, but with having GD we need to be careful not to overdo things. Like drinking a glass of coke last night and then getting a high reading! I am just so weak. Like my diabetes doc said on Friday, I’m so close to the end, I can do this! He gave me a 9/10 for my readings last week, I see him again on Friday so we’ll see what score he gives me then. He has sort of suggested insulin, all depending how well I behave! I took metformin before I fell pregnant and continued until 12 weeks than stopped.

Thinking of you @MGC Bertie & @lileitak

11. The Following User Says Thank You to AceOfBase For This Useful Post:

Nicky1977  (10-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol I think I spoke to soon. Matthew has had two unsettled nights in a row. Falling asleep on me but waking as soon as I put him in the bassinet. I think it may be because he is quite a hungry baby at times and can here him gulping his wind down which gives him hiccups and causes him to be wakeful no matter how much I burp him. Luckily still managed 4 hours sleep, 2 hours in the evening and 2 hours in the early morning, I'm lucky that I can sleep in the day. Took him out for lunch yesterday, his first outing apart from supermarket and walks, and he was a little angel slept through all the noise, he did so well.
    @AceOfBase sounds like you're having a really frustrating time with the GD, like you said pregnancy is not an ideal time to diet, especially as most of us feel hungrier than normal. I found that I wasn't so much modifying my diet as the time I had a snack so was having exactly the same amount of carbs but at different times. Hope that your cold sore goes away very soon.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Nicky1977 For This Useful Post:

AceOfBase  (13-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thinking of those ladies who are expecting babies any day now and waiting to hear your news

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky1977 View Post
    Lol I think I spoke to soon. Matthew has had two unsettled nights in a row. Falling asleep on me but waking as soon as I put him in the bassinet. I think it may be because he is quite a hungry baby at times and can here him gulping his wind down which gives him hiccups and causes him to be wakeful no matter how much I burp him. Luckily still managed 4 hours sleep, 2 hours in the evening and 2 hours in the early morning, I'm lucky that I can sleep in the day. Took him out for lunch yesterday, his first outing apart from supermarket and walks, and he was a little angel slept through all the noise, he did so well.
    @AceOfBase sounds like you're having a really frustrating time with the GD, like you said pregnancy is not an ideal time to diet, especially as most of us feel hungrier than normal. I found that I wasn't so much modifying my diet as the time I had a snack so was having exactly the same amount of carbs but at different times. Hope that your cold sore goes away very soon.
    I'm hearing you @Nicky1977! We had such a culture shock bringing our girl home after she spent 2 weeks in special care nursery. She was prem so all she did was sleep - we had to wake her for feeds and then she went straight to sleep. We didn't have her overnight either! Thought gee what an easy baby haha.
    Bring her home and she was like clockwork 4hr feeds. Then bam. Now at 5.5 weeks it's 3-3.5hrs max, sometimes constant one boob to the other for 2hrs. Stay awake for 3-4 hrs straight and only want to be held. All day. Fall asleep in my arms then ping wake up as soon as I put her down. I've just been out to buy an ergobaby wrap so I'm not trapped on the couch potentially all day (got the ergo carrier but she's still a bit small 3.5kg and doesn't like it yet). Night feeds can take 1.5hrs to feed and settle - 3hr feed cycle means by the time I get back to sleep I may only get an hour. The odd time I get 2.5-hrs sleep it's like a nasty tease.
    These are the things I've tried with varying success for settling at night:
    Gripe water
    Infacol
    Wrapping
    Swaddle bags ergococoon and ergoswaddler
    Arms out/arms in
    Co-sleeper (a separate little baby mattress goes on your bed next to your pillow)
    Wheat bag to pre warm bassinet
    Night light
    Sleepy sounds app
    Not changing nappy if I can
    And for worst mum of the year award - telling her in no uncertain terms to shut up at 4am after 2 hrs awake. Oops.
    Lucky these things are cute lol 😉
    I've put it down to a growth spurt/leaps if you follow the wonder weeks.
    I hope you have a better night tonight. I've just had 3 shocking days and my little cherub just behaved while I was out shopping for 2hrs yay makes me feel like I've turned a corner!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

Nicky1977  (11-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Nicky1977 and @gingermillie I could have written those posts!!

Hunter is 3 weeks tomorrow and for the first 2 weeks or so was an angel, settled straight after every feed, woke pretty much spot on 3 hours through the day for a feed, around 4 hourly at night, all good. Now he's taken to being awake for 4 or 5 hours at a time through the day usually from around 10 - 3. He doesn't seem unhappy or unsettled, he just lies in his bassinet or wherever he is not fussing too much. He'll then sleep for a few hours then start a feeding frenzy in the evening. Tonight he pretty much fed on and off for three hours before he eventually fell deeply asleep. I'm hoping to get a couple of hours peace so I can have a rest befor ehe wakes for another feed. He seems a bit windy so tried Infacol for a few days and yesterday switched to Infants Friends. I'm also trying to keep him upright for 20 or so minutes after a feed but in the evenings when he cluster feeds and wont settle I feel like he's in my arms all night (not that I mind cause he's adorable) and in the mornings when I'm trying to express after a feed it seems an hour and half out of every 3 is spent feeding.
    I'm sure its just a little phase he is going through and it wont last but that doesn't help when I can't seem to settle him. One positive though is once he's had a feed somewhere between midnight and 1:30ish he will sleep for a good five or so hours.
    Hope we all get a good nights sleep soon.
    Look after yourselves mummas

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Essence08 For This Useful Post:

Nicky1977  (11-08-2015)