+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    Yes, natural is the way to go. warn you on the thickener, though. It can cause constipation. We stopped.
    I'm struggling with it. 1) it clumps even tho I shake it "vigorously"; 2) said shaking makes the formula frothy; and 3) finding a teat that works sucks. I've bought 2 new types and neither are great.

Oh and it takes ages for bubs to drink it. He falls asleep! But we shall persevere for now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @lileitak: i don't put the recommended amount since I have heard a lot of common problems that you described. I experimented a bit. Starting with half the amount. It works fine with one size larger teat. Yes, it makes the formula very frothy. DS gets constipation easily so i gave up in the end. I still use it once in a while when his reflux "flares up". We switched different formula which some sit in his stomach better than the others. I was told that he will have to be on medication anyway and the thickener is just an extra. Oh...i heard that those anti reflux formula is worse than the thickener in case you wonder.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So nice to thread this thread alive and well again, I often wonder how everyone is going. You would have thought after everything everyone has been through to have their little bubs the universe would have been kinder and given us 'relatively' easy babies it sounds like a few have been doing it tough. I know no one would change it for all the world though!!
    @KayzB my goodness, Congratulations!!!! How exciting. Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly. I met a friends little 4 week old this week and she is so so tiny. Made me want another one! In fact last night I had a dream I was in hospital waiting to have a c section and all I could think about was if I would produce enough milk.

Can I jump on the 'my baby doesn't sleep' bandwagon? DS is about 7.5 months and I'm still feeding on average 3 times a night. He doesn't seem to sleep more than a couple hours at a time and won't self settle. We also tend to get maybe one good nap in the day, 2 if I'm lucky otherwise he's on the go all day. He's trying desperately to crawl and is certainly getting around the room with ease so I'm hoping a bit of extra movement will tire him out. He seems to have developed an unfortunate association with lying down and pain and discomfort from when he was having food reactions to the point as soon as I try and lie him down in his cot he starts wailing and grabbing on to me. As a result more often than not I cuddle and rock him to sleep first. Might take 15-30 minutes to settle him for a nap through the day and by the time I've done that he almost seems ready for another feed.

For or those not on the Facebook group - we've had some issues with allergies resulting in a few hospital stays. Did some more allergy testing last week and his wheat allergy is worse than first thought so that is back on my do not eat list along with all dairy and eggs. I was relieved though he tested negative for prawn and tuna allergies so hoping seafood is safe - his dad has severe shellfish allergies so glad he's not the same.

Since i I cut out the eggs, dairy and wheat he is a much happier and more settled baby. He is also starting to put some weight on - we were hovering just below 10th % on the growth charts but as of last week have climbed up to 25th. Yay. We are eating solids, just fruits and veggies at this stage. Trying to find a nice breakfast food since we can't do cereal or toast and I've been told the rice cereal constipated them. Any suggestions welcome!! In fact any great food suggestions are welcome.
    @lileitak great to know you got an appointment with Lynn so quickly. Hope the appointment goes well and she makes time for you. Are you moving back to Canada or overseas for work?

Last thing - car seats?? I know there has been some mention of them on here but what is everyone using and are you happy? My little runt is still in a car capsule but would like him a car seat in the next couple weeks since we are finally starting to out grow it.

Sorry dor the essay, been meaning to post all week but haven't found the time. It was post now or fold some laundry and you ladies are more important than the laundry xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    U r right about rice cereal. We jut started on solid. Just a teaspoon a day. All went ok until this morning he pooped a rock solid poo and cried! I also switched formula but I doubt it is due to that.

I should have gone with my instinct of starting with the veges but few friends recommended rice cereal. Anyway, I am not sure what to do now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    U r right about rice cereal. We jut started on solid. Just a teaspoon a day. All went ok until this morning he pooped a rock solid poo and cried! I also switched formula but I doubt it is due to that.

I should have gone with my instinct of starting with the veges but few friends recommended rice cereal. Anyway, I am not sure what to do now.
    Aww poor bubba
    My health nurse said to stay away from the rice cereals but it feels like everyone is feeding their babies cereal so you kind of go with it :P
    Bub has had some constipation issues - I have been buying a bag of pitted prunes, stewing them with a bit of water to soften the skins then blending, it makes a really nice paste consistancy and is a bit sweet - Hunter LOVES it, so every few day I give him some of that.
    Another mum in my mum's group gives her boy about 5ml of prune juice in a syringe with every feed but he's had pretty bad pooping issues so maybe once a day is enough??
    Other suggestions are pear juice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always give ds extra water knowing solid can cause constipation. DH didn't give him extra water yesterday just formula and constipated this morning. Oops. Ya, we will try carrot purée or pear or Apple now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Essence08 View Post
    So nice to thread this thread alive and well again, I often wonder how everyone is going. You would have thought after everything everyone has been through to have their little bubs the universe would have been kinder and given us 'relatively' easy babies it sounds like a few have been doing it tough. I know no one would change it for all the world though!!
    @KayzB my goodness, Congratulations!!!! How exciting. Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly. I met a friends little 4 week old this week and she is so so tiny. Made me want another one! In fact last night I had a dream I was in hospital waiting to have a c section and all I could think about was if I would produce enough milk.

Can I jump on the 'my baby doesn't sleep' bandwagon? DS is about 7.5 months and I'm still feeding on average 3 times a night. He doesn't seem to sleep more than a couple hours at a time and won't self settle. We also tend to get maybe one good nap in the day, 2 if I'm lucky otherwise he's on the go all day. He's trying desperately to crawl and is certainly getting around the room with ease so I'm hoping a bit of extra movement will tire him out. He seems to have developed an unfortunate association with lying down and pain and discomfort from when he was having food reactions to the point as soon as I try and lie him down in his cot he starts wailing and grabbing on to me. As a result more often than not I cuddle and rock him to sleep first. Might take 15-30 minutes to settle him for a nap through the day and by the time I've done that he almost seems ready for another feed.

For or those not on the Facebook group - we've had some issues with allergies resulting in a few hospital stays. Did some more allergy testing last week and his wheat allergy is worse than first thought so that is back on my do not eat list along with all dairy and eggs. I was relieved though he tested negative for prawn and tuna allergies so hoping seafood is safe - his dad has severe shellfish allergies so glad he's not the same.

Since i I cut out the eggs, dairy and wheat he is a much happier and more settled baby. He is also starting to put some weight on - we were hovering just below 10th % on the growth charts but as of last week have climbed up to 25th. Yay. We are eating solids, just fruits and veggies at this stage. Trying to find a nice breakfast food since we can't do cereal or toast and I've been told the rice cereal constipated them. Any suggestions welcome!! In fact any great food suggestions are welcome.
    @lileitak great to know you got an appointment with Lynn so quickly. Hope the appointment goes well and she makes time for you. Are you moving back to Canada or overseas for work?

Last thing - car seats?? I know there has been some mention of them on here but what is everyone using and are you happy? My little runt is still in a car capsule but would like him a car seat in the next couple weeks since we are finally starting to out grow it.

Sorry dor the essay, been meaning to post all week but haven't found the time. It was post now or fold some laundry and you ladies are more important than the laundry xx
    DS is 6mths tomorrow and still waking 4-5x a night. On solids now too, 2meals a day

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lileitak How was your appointment with Lynn?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Essence08 View Post
    @lileitak How was your appointment with Lynn?
    I'm here now reading all the interesting baby names on the wall. Winners are Fox (which I like) and Tyger (which I don't).

I don't even know what I'm going to ask her... Terrible planning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I just got back from my appointment...

As usual it was a whirlwind, and I was distracted because I had DS with me. No one was available to watch him... Anyway, since we have 4 frosties this will be much more straightforward than the last time.

I need to go for some initial bloods, and call during my May period for a scratch. Apparently I had one with my hysto / gyno last time, but didn't realise. Then I'm to call my nurse when my June cycle starts.

Different nurse this time, but less to mess up with a FET.

Oh, and we're doing unmedicated. I thought they were usually medicated... But at least they do bloods to track it. Ovulation kits have never worked for me.

YIKES - here we go!!!