+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @lileitak: yes there is sleeping and feeding forum. Be aware, though. Some topics can be a bit controversial but the forum is always open for discussion. Some useful suggestions as well.
    @AceOfBase: GI is related to gut and indigestion. DS is colic and has silent reflux. His reflux is under controlled but he is still very gassy. Gastroenterologist can't help us out but to tell us to start solid now. His experience has shown that symptoms like DS will settle down with solid. That says 5.5 months isn't early as compared to our case. However, we have just found a problem last week. He has severe tongue tied which wasn't diagnosed at birth. This explains a lot of the feeding problems that we had with breastfeeding and are having. He swallows a lot of air drinking. We will have problem to get him eat solid as well. He is too old to get it snipped at the doctor office so we have to wait until he is older to go under. Some say he doesn't need GA, some say i shouldn't get him fixed. I am still doing some readings.

Anyway, i won't trade him for anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @bbhope thanks for explaining and sorry to hear about your little one's GI issues. My nephew had something similar and Infant's Friend helped him. Not sure if you've tried this but if not you can only get it from the chemist. So frustrating the tongue tie wasn't discovered earlier, I hope it's manageable for you all xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello lovely ladies!

It has been awhile since I've been on BH land! I too have been meaning to check in & wondering how you all are doing.

So glad to hear everyone's lil bundles are thriving. I hear you re sleeping issues, we've had our fair share of sleepless, exhausting nights. I have one bub who naps well during the day but wakes up frequently at night - and the other sleeps better overnight - but is a shocking catnapper, if that at all, during the day. I spend more time trying to put to sleep vs how long bub actually sleeps for!

Some news.. After the number of years, numerous cycles & a loss that we went through to conceive our lil miracles - to our complete shock, I discovered that I am now pregnant again with a natural miracle! So my bub's will be a year, if not less than a year, apart! 😱

I love the thought of them all being close in age though ☺️ But I think initially I might go slightly insane! 😏

Anyone else planning/started for next bub?
    @lileitak are you cycling already hun?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @KayzB: same here. It takes a lot of effort to get DS to nap for 30 mins. Congrats on the preg news!!! Oh....no second bub for us. We are happy with 1. Who knows maybe we will change our mind since we still have embies left.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

KayzB  (19-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lovely to hear how all of your bubs are doing. My ds is about 7.5 mths now and he's been a handful for most of that time! Lucky he's cute! He had reflux and was on losec since 5 wks old, but he's been off it now for a couple of months. @bbhope he had lip and tongue tie lasered when he was 4 mths old. Feeding became so much better after that. He is now up to 25% for weight, before the procedure he was heading down to 15% and I was on domperidone to increase my supply. Bit different to his older brother who never went below 95%! Happy to talk more about it if you want.
    He also was a nightmare for sleeping so we've also done the 4 nights down at tressilian!
    Like I said he's been a handful!!
    He's crawling around everywhere but prefers to stand. One tooth is so close to cutting through, I wish it would hurry up!

Thanks
    Reviews
    And big congrats @KayzB what awesome news!! You'll have to keep us posted on this pregnancy too. So how many weeks are you now?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to apolly For This Useful Post:

KayzB  (19-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @apolly: DS is on losec. What's your DS dosage? I feel like he is on a lower end of the dose. 5mg/dose, twice a day. Symptoms come and go. Sometime he is OK, sometime he is worse. Did he have the local anaesthetic for the laser cut? We got so many different opinions and don't know what to do. It is a rather new news for us. It won't have been diagnosed if i didn't ask! Saying this, we are bringing him to see a new pead to get a full assessment. Just to make sure that nothing is missed by the first pead. His head is rather flat......and he still can't hold his head steady. Drs just dismissed us on everything because he is putting on good weight.
    Last edited by bbhope; 19-02-2016 at 22:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope & @apolly thanks very much ladies ☺️ Am 6 months along.

You both have had your fair share of feeding, sleeping etc pains it seems! - hope it all settles down soon.
    I haven't actually found that things get 'easier' as such - each stage poses its own challenges & difficulties - we just learn to go with the flow hey!
    @bbhope does bub sleep on/favour one side? Mine used to favour the left which became noticeable. Would physically have to turn head to the right/centre and prop up one side of the pillow so bub wouldn't/couldn't turn onto it. It's much better now though but still does favour left side when sleeping.
    @apolly clever lil boy you have there trying to stand already! What's the age difference between your boys? How's he taken to lil bro?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @KayzB: yes, DS likes to sleep on the right. I noticed that since 6w but DH didn't think that's the case so nothing was discussed at the 6--8w check. We used to move his head to the left while patting him to sleep. Now, he is self-settled at night and ends up on the right side in the end all the time. We don't want to wake him up by turning it. We feel like addressing this to the CHN a bit late but we have been focusing on sorting out his stomach problem. We are overdue to have a 3--4 months check. He doesn't have much tummy time because of reflux and colic. Thus, the slow development in term of rolling and holding his neck steady. We were completely exhausted/stressed out for the first 3 months with his crying. LOL. He is a much happier baby now, though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope this thread is still active so I cam ask some questions. I remember few of you have the infasecure kompressor caprice. I find the head padding is a bit too bulky an hot for Bub during these summer months. What's he alternative? Did u buy their "color" insert for it?